Gpu crashe when i enable"use hardware ray tracing when available",but my vedio card is RTX3080

Gpu crashe when i enable"use hardware ray tracing when available",but my vedio card is RTX3080.And whenI change reflection mode to ray traced,it works fine.if GI and Reflection mode are all lumen ,my gpu will be crashed. Anyone HAVE THIS PROBLEMS?

1 Like

I wasn’t getting a crash, but if I checked “use hardware for ray tracing” while in the Valley of the Ancient project, I would get less than 10fps where Echo is sitting by the fire. When I turned it off I would get 60+ fps with some dips when turning and moving. I have a RTX3080 and a amd5950x.

Unless I’m mistaken this is where you start to see RTX is garbage and Lumen is king.

2 Likes

As far as i understand there’s a lot of instancing in the Valley demo. If you try Unreal Engine 4.26 with raytracing enabled on a lot of instances, you’ll get bad performances as well.

I remember seeing a pop up note with Hardware Ray tracing settings in UE5…if there are more than 10,000 instances, there will be a large performance hit.

Hello. Same here with RTX2070. Lumen GI + Ray traced reflexions works ; Lumen + Lumen can be activated unlit, but UE freezes on lit mode.
Then force end task makes the PC freeze (even mouse)

Same issue 2080ti

Developers! It’s a huge BUG!!! :skull_and_crossbones: