Google Play Services close after login attempt

I’m making a game for Android. I’ve tried to post about the lack of documentation on this before with no result but through the help of someone else who looked at the source code I have come as far as my app no longer crashing after accessing the Google Play services.

Here is the problem now though, when I do connect I get some strange errors that I don’t quite understand:

I/GamesNativeSDK(16078): Connecting to Google Play...

V/GamesNativeSDK(16078): Attached to JVM on thread main_dispatch

D/ChimeraCfgMgr(11916): Loading module com.google.android.gms.games from APK com.google.android.play.games

D/ChimeraModuleLdr(11916): Module APK com.google.android.play.games already loaded

D/ChimeraCfgMgr(11916): Loading module com.google.android.gms.games from APK com.google.android.play.games

D/ChimeraModuleLdr(11916): Module APK com.google.android.play.games already loaded

V/GamesNativeSDK(16078): Play Games callback indicates connection failure.

I/GamesNativeSDK(16078): UI interaction required to connect to Google Play.

D/UE4     (16078): [2015.10.26-19.31.29:804]  0]LogOnline:Warning: Async task 'Login' failed in 0.582350 seconds

I understand what it says but I don’t understand why I get these messages in the logs.

Further down I get the follow messages as well which seems to be the root of the problem, but I have no idea how I would fix this through a Blueprint project:

E/SignInIntentService(11916): Access Not Configured. The API (Google Play Game Services API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configuration.

E/SignInIntentService(11916): com.google.android.gms.games.server.error.GamesException

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.games.server.GamesServer.getResponseBlocking(GamesServer.java:164)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.games.broker.PlayerAgent.getPlayerFromNetwork(PlayerAgent.java:1700)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.games.broker.PlayerAgent.fetchPlayer(PlayerAgent.java:621)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.games.broker.DataBroker.loadSelf(DataBroker.java:920)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.games.service.PlayGamesSignInIntentService$LoadSelfOperation.executeInternal(PlayGamesSignInIntentService.java:402)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.games.service.PlayGamesSignInIntentService$BaseOperation.execute(PlayGamesSignInIntentService.java:51)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.games.service.PlayGamesSignInIntentService$OperationAdapter.execute(PlayGamesSignInIntentService.java:487)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at com.google.android.gms.chimera.BaseAsyncOperationService$OperationTask.run(BaseAsyncOperationService.java:179)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)

E/SignInIntentService(11916):  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

E/LoadSelfFragment(16219): Unable to sign in - application does not have a registered client ID

The game is in Closed Alpha on the Google Play store and I checked that everything is there and that I have access. This shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t understand either how I it can tell me that no client ID exists.

A video of it in action:

I don’t want to be ignored like last time. I added a video to the main post showing what happens.

Still need help on this.

i am having the same problem , perhaps one step behind you, i even can’t get my game to call google play service !! it is strange that there is no clear instructions

I got it to work. I will make a video series trying to explain what is needed when I can.

I’ve now posted a tutorial on how to do this the best I can. Follow the link in my signature.

Thank that was amazing

Reviving post because I’m having this specific issue. Logon screen crashes game, as well leaderboard.