Google Play Login Problem

Hello,
My game is live on google play in open beta.
I’m trying to login to google play, but when I enter the game, the round login loading appears and disappears and does not complete the login screen.
what could be the reason?
screenshots below

thanks

Blueprint

Services

Packing settings

I fixed problem,
First of all you must create cloud oauth. I created web application

after that, this web’s client ID and client secret copied to firebase

Steps:
1 - Go to Play Console
2- Select your game project
3- on the “Grow” tab Select → Play Games Services-> Setup and Management → Configuration
4- Click "Add Credential

5-Select type as Game Server

6-Select your oauth Client save
7- on the right top of screen there will be publish button. Click and approve settings.

This will fix leaderboards / achievements system.

Thank you.

3 Likes

i need to make these changes on my google play console, i’m going to bed now, i will try this tomorrow and post any news after trying.

Thank you very much for all your help.

1 Like

if you can’t make it work, you can PM me. We will try untill make it work.

You’re welcome :smile_cat::cat:

i must use firebase or i can skip it ?

1 Like

As far as I know, you must to use it because cloud communicate with firebase to get user data. still not working?

i was at my job, i’m getting home now, i will try it

take it easy, I’m waiting for the result :slight_smile: I hope we will overcome this problem.

1 Like

do i need to publish the app on the google play store to make the login work ?

If your client has these settings, you don’t need to send new version.
I tried it on Internal testing, It worked. if you did settings about game server / android just start your game from your phone and test it again

I want to implement leaderboards system in my game. I can’t find the place in firebase to copied web’s client ID and client secret to. Where can I copy those id to? Sorry, I’m new to this stuff. Hope you will help answering this question.

Hey, there is a screenshot I added.
on your project’s “authentication” tab, there is “sign in method” tab. If you didn’t add “play games” you can add with “Add new provider”

Thank you.
But still can’t get it to work on internal test. In game server’s oAuth client should I choose Android credential or web client(auto created by google). Do I need to add anything to unreal project? Can you tell me the place I should check again?

on your second screenshot you must click on review and publish button top right corner.
on your third screenshoot you can select webclient created by google service

After publish I still can’t get it to work. My In-app-purchase is working normally. But I can’t read or write leaderboard by google service.

I saw you mention about using app signing key in google play console. I didn’t use it in my Android credential (not game server), I use my self sign app in unreal key. Is that the problem?

1 Like

Sengchor’s problem solved: App signing key certificate to copy “Play games services configuration → android tab”

1 Like

hello receive a greeting … I would like to know if you have discord and if you have time to hire you … I have a multiplayer project that I need to log in with google …is a multiplayer project of mobiles…I have everything configured dedicated server source…todo.pero estoy atascado, I would like to have your telegram or discord to hire you… greetings

Hey, I want to integrate Google Play Services into my game but I’m stuck in the very first step. I cannot find the Show External Login UI node. Do I need a plugin for that or some setting? I can’t find the solution anywhere.