Google Play Games Services Setup and Unreal Engine Integration

Subject: Google Play Games Services Setup and Unreal Engine Integration

Hello,

I’m developing a game with Unreal Engine 4.27.2 and using Ad Mob . I’ve encountered a few challenges related to Google Play Games Services and need some guidance.so we all can get solution and more understanding from expert .and i hope to fix this today …

### Summary of Issues:

1. Google Play Games Services Setup:
  • I initially integrated the Play Games Services SDK and configured it, but later removed it. Despite this, my Google Play Console dashboard still prompts me to complete the Play Games Services setup, particularly for 0-click sign-in.
  • I tried to resolve this by shutting down my Google Cloud project and removing all related credentials and OAuth configurations. I plan to upload my game again for closed testing and hope that this will prevent further prompts about finishing the Play Games Services setup.
  1. Technical Challenges:
  • Integrating the Play Games Services SDK was difficult due to the structure of GameActivity.java and build.gr files in my Unreal Engine project. My system crashed during the process using Android Studio 4.0, which required a full system reinstallation.
  • I successfully updated my project to comply with Android 12 requirements and bundled the game with Android Studio.

Questions and Assistance Needed:

• Obligation to Use Play Games Services: Is it mandatory to use Google Play Games Services to publish a game on the Google Play Store if I am only using Ad Mob and not any other Play Games Services features?
  • Clarification and Help: I prefer to integrate the Play Games Services SDK properly if needed but require additional guidance. I’m hoping someone with experience can clarify if completing the Play Games Services setup is absolutely necessary and how to best handle this.

I can provide any files needed for a more detailed investigation into my situation. Your assistance in understanding and resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face: slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there @kmgnproed,

This topic has been moved from International to Platform & Builds: Mobile. If you’d prefer a different category, feel free to @ me and I’ll be more than happy to move your thread again.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space. Thanks and happy developing! :slight_smile:

Ok ,understood,thank you @PresumptivePanda :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am facing the same problem in versions 5.3/5.4
I tried to do everything including rebuild with other versions and remake all Firebase/Google Cloud credentials

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

hi every one removing the integration of play games services from google play console will fix the issue of finishing play games services sign in 0click or any issue related to play games services , so in conclusion , if your game does not has any of the features mentioned in the services like achievement and leader board or login system you must skip it and dont integrate it , because if you do as i did for the first time , you will not be able to save your bundle and the configuration that you did in the closed testing release .and of course its logical . i dont know what i was doing . now my game is uploaded successfully it has 577mb bundle size and after the installation it will be {1gb291mb}. some one can take advantage from this , thank you .

1 Like

Hi, you fixed the Play Games Services removing the Play Games Services, how please?

if your game does not include any feature achievement or leader board or login system , or whatever, you should not {add play games services } keep it simple , so first of all you should remove credential and oauth and any configuration related to play games services , also clean your project in the cloud from this stuff …clean your projet,by following this steps , the app id will be removed ,you dont need it any way , then go to play games services section ,below there is a text says remove play games services …click on it , then , the page will refresh automatically and it will be restored to its first state , providing you with the choice to add new play games services or add existing one . at this point your project will not include the play games services and its implementation , so you can upload your game to closed testing and save it without prompting you with any message has a relation with play games services .thats it . {some one can take advantage from this , thank you .} .
{if you have this warning { there is no deobfuscation file associated with this app bundle } you can find a solution in my next topic . i will share the link here . :chestnut:

1 Like

@luhpatez if you can understand me well , please be informed, for me, in my case. when i decided to upload my game to play console for the first time , , i said to my self i must complete all tasks provided by play console , so during this process , i added the play games services and i create the cloud account and credential and oauth , i even tried to integrate the play games services to my project , but i found difficultie because unreal engine has its own code and you know what i mean , in the gameactivity.java … intialization , @overide / OnCreate … /// eventually i realized that the messages provided by google console related to play game services keeping me blocked and does not allow me to continue uploading the game to closed testing and save it … so i did the issue by my self by integrating the services , that all … and im using the epicleaderboard in my game … just to be clear

1 Like

So you are not using Play Games Services/Leaderbords/Archievements/Save Games anymore?
Because I am facing this same problem: “Add Play Games SDK” but no more information, by Unreal Engine is all configured and set up. Lack of documentation and tutorials.
I purchased a Plugin on UE Marketplace (Play Base Services V2) promising UE5+ possibilities for Login/Play Games Services. But for me it doesn’t work on any version 5.3 5.4
Frustration, waste of time and money with something they could fix. It’s bee a year since I’ve been trying to fix IAP and Play Games for UE5+
iI will check that!

1 Like

im using ue4.27.2 +a plugin named epicleaderboard from old.epicleaderboard.com , it works well with the score and classification of players , it s an online leaderboard that require connexion to submit the score . in google play console i just skiped the play services.
i can provide you with some information maybe it can open your mind and make it easy for you a bit …
1/we all know that unreal engine was developed by epicgames ,so unreal ungine has its own code and structure .

2/ when we package our games for android , during this process of packaging , unreal engine send the gradle files to android studio automatically ,to be compiled and i dont know .

3/ each version of unreal engine has an android studio wich is compatible with it , {the same for visual studio}

4/in google play console when we enter such a documentation of somthing that we want to implement , like play games services features , the codes provided by google are for android studio , here comes the problem . so when we open our project gradle file in android studio , the structure of he dependencies and where exactly we must put the codes provided by google are defferent ,because as i said unreal engine has its own structure and architecture .once should know and understand how the mechanisme of unreal engine is work …if you understand it well , you can implement the features provided by ggogle without errors and issue in the terminal .

5/ you are you using a paid plugin for the play games services , so the right solution for you is to contact support or creator of the plugin and they will help you beleive me because they know how it work , they made it with visual studio …

6/ if your game has in app purchase or subscription , if you are selling assets or stuff in your game , you must create or implement the iap system , by using google play console to get the product id and you know …

7/ if you game dont need in app purchase system and subscription , you can remove it , { remove the code of in app purchase or subscription { successfuly!! }} dont miss with the code . everything is coded , everything is structured . the right solution for you is to contact the plugin support , provide them with the error , and anything photos if needed , they will fix it easily ,

8/ the plugine you are using has everything , all classes all blueprint needed … you just need to
to understand how the information and data are transfered between google and the bluprint nodes for sign in or log in or what ever … because there is a cloud account you know , some stuff must be enabled …

9/ why unreal engine developers dont give us the solution directly , because we spend a lot of time of developing the game and design solely especially for android developing , they must and they should give us the solutions of how we can use google play console and the cloud account with unreal engine .how we can implement or integrate the android studio codes provided by google in unreal engine gradle files {}{}{}{}{} … how we can use sdk compiler 34 or 35 , what ndk and build tool and min antarget they should we use how we are going too know this … they should give us all neccessary really, seriouslly.

10/ if i did mistakes excuse me , im a beginner , finnaly some one will take advatage from this information ,thank you :cupid:

1 Like

Thank you for your time and your explanation, it was really worth it!

1 Like