Google PAD is not updated for 5.44

Sigh… after Aug31 Google forced us to use Android 34 and the only Unreal that support that is 5.4.4. HOWEVER Goodle PAD plug in only support UE 5.3. So what now? Tell all your customers to wait indefinitely for these two companies to talk to each other?

Screenshot 2024-09-10 133738

Hope you see how ridiculous this is…

ps. Tried changing the UE version in GooglePad plug in doesn’t work either. It cause the whole module failing to load.

1 Like

I’m using 34 on 5.3.2

Question is, did you try to upload to google play store after Aug31 yet?

5.4.4 is so buggy I’m feeling like Epic just want to push it out before the deadline.

Already found another one:

Screenshot 2024-09-10 194802

And no, it’s not bad image or corrupted file, because I already tried rebuild the whole editor twice, just to be sure.

Yes! I uploaded.
Why your Engine is named “5.44” not “5.4”?

Wierd, you didn’t get any error? Why did Epic said we had to upgraded then?

It’s 5.4.4, but I just rename the folder to 5.44 for readability.

Look at this:

Okay I’m even more confused. What Unreal Engine should I be using? UE 5.3.2 and changed google pad file?

Meh already spent a day fixing lots of bugs. :\

Try with the version 5.4
But you can do with the version 5.3 too

Just replace the GooglePAD_APL file in your engine, if you are using Ads the replace the other file too, the guy has already edited the files, just replace

That’s sad, me too

“Support” means that you can use the unique features of Android 34 in Unreal Engine, it doesn’t mean that it is the only version that you can build on.

So, you can use any other version of Unreal like 5.2 which works very well (unlike 5.3 and 5.4 that are broken in many ways).

Google Pad is compatible with 5.4 too. It’s a default plugin, you can simply activate it in the plugin manager inside the Unreal Editor.

Make sure to also activate it under the “Plugins” section of your project settings.

As Lucas said, the 5.4 version is broken, so you need to download and replace the 2 files that you can find on my other post here : https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/update-android-play-billing-5-0/1257109/36

My recommandation would be to only use the 5.2 version, it’s a clear version and you don’t have to replace anything, so it can be easier for you.

Anyway, if you want to use IAP, you must use 5.2 with the plugin “TDS Hero” (or any other plugin that does the same thing, TDS was “free for the month”, so maybe you already own it and won’t have to pay for another one).

IAP won’t work on 5.4 because of an engine bug that Epic refuses to fix, and they won’t work on 5.2 without the plugin because the engine uses deprecated libraries.

If you don’t need IAP, you are good to go :wink:

Thx. Just had to revert all my work back a month because all the files that was open in 5.4 now cannot be downgrade and package with 5.3.2.

Honestly I think there really need a much better communication than this from Epic.

Heh I placed in your file and rebuild everything including the UE 5.3.2 but I still got this:

Any clue?

Gonna try adding this from other thread:

def billing_version = “6.1.0”
implementation “com.android.billingclient:billing:$billing_version”

5.3 has not the right version of Play Billing.

Only 5.4 has Play Billing 6.

However as I said, you can’t use IAP on 5.3 and 5.4, so if you don’t need them you can disable them in your project, and the Play Console won’t show the error anymore.

Or, if you want IAP, use 5.2 with a plugin that update the Play Billing version.

Okay never mind, the solution doesn’t really work.

Sure it tricked the play store into letting you uploaded successfully, but once you actually trying to load GooglePad (to load more packages) it returned this error:

LogGooglePAD: Error: Unable to initialize AssetPackManager!

(This used to work flawlessly before.)

SO has anyone get this to work on any of the UE android after Aug31st?

Okay I got it to work by injecting codes from Unreal 5.4.4 into 5.3.2.

THAT WAS A HORRABLE EXPEINCE, thx Epic.

:sneezing_face: