Going through walls

Check the Sweep box, it will prevent from clipping.

Hi, just want to ask if there is other/better method of restricting my player to get through walls. My player’s movement is lerping to a new location and i have set a box collision near it to detect/prevent going though walls. Thank you very much in advance. .

Thank you very much. However, I am having a hard time finding good sample that I can use.

Update: Ran into a bug causing to end an overlap when my collision box collide to another static mesh. Made my tile do restrictions to my player getting through walls and hoping the performance wouldn’t be affected by having too many collision box. I’m just trying to make a board game. Better idea for this would be gladly appreciated. Thank you.

Definitely Line/Sphere Traces. Simply fire a Trace in the direction you want to move, run it though a branch to see if it hit anything, if false, move along.

Thank you very much sir Raxs! Need to learn more about the line trace but i do get the idea. I made my player to have a trigger box in front of him to check if it is overlapped and not make it move that way.

No problem. That seems to work, and assuming it continues to, you may not need to change it. But if you are ever interested here’s a video of “Box tracing” (one of the many tracing methods) and would be ideal for your circumstances.

FYI, the rest of Mathew's channel is great if you ever want to know what a node or feature does :)