Glider Terrain Issues

I just want to create a new level and use the landscape resource (hightmap) and it’s textures without anything else. But All I can find is the complete level file and the textures.
I’m trying to build something new without being required to load the glider.

Do I need to export it before I can use it ? Or what ? Where is the resource, I can’t find it in the Content window ?

Thanks,

Heightmaps arent imported as assets. You can only import a heightmap when you want to create a landscape and then it becomes the landscape itself, and that’s the case with glider project’s landscape as well. You can export that landscape heightmap i think but i dont know how good that would be so you’ll need to try that yourself. Other than that you can open up the glider project, remove all the unnecessary stuff from the map and then migrate that map to your own project.

Yes, I know you can do really cool things with UE4. I thought it was a resource.
That’s kinda what I needed to know. How to use it for something other than a demo game thing.

Otherwise, If it’s not a re-usable resource, it’s has no other purpose.

Thank you,

I would like a third person controller on this map, But I can’t figure out how to get started doing that.
Is it not included as a default ?

How do I add a regular normal, basic standard 3rd person controller to this ?

Well it is a resource and it is reusable. As i said, you can open up the map, delete everything except the landscape and then use it wherever you like.

But where is the documents that show how to place a third party controller on it ? Or on any landscape (It’s a blue print I think ?)

It looks like that needs to be done from scratch ? Or Am I wrong ?

It’s just been frustrating trying to do that ? And I don’t know where else to turn ?

Thanks,

But where is the documents that show how to place a third party controller on it ? Or on any landscape (It’s a blue print I think ?)

It looks like that needs to be done from scratch ? Or Am I wrong ?

It’s just been frustrating trying to do that ? And I don’t know where else to turn ?

Thanks,

Look, I’m really stuck here.

I would hope this would be easy for someone who knows anything much about UE4, Please, at least tell me what the process is.

I need to use the Landscape demo with a third party Character Controller (The normal basic classical way one run’s around when WSDA or arrows are used ). The Landscape demo does not
have a player Character controller That I can find ? What am I doing wrong, if anything ?

The documents I found talk about some way out kind of complex way to import a player Character.
(Setting Up a Character | Unreal Engine Documentation)

This seems way to extreme.

Did they not use the third party blueprint to start with on this demo ? Or what am I missing ?

Please,

Thank you.

Where are the simplest instructions.

Do this;

• Create a first person project
  • Open up that project and find the first person character
  • Right click on it and Migrate. Show the Glider project’s Content folder as destination
  • Now open up the Glider project and go to World Settings.
  • Select the FPS character as default player pawn and done.

If you dont want to see the hands of the player just open up that BP and delete the mesh and everything related to it.