glass reflection looks fake

Hi, i got a problem with my glass material.

Ofcourse i need to set the opacity to something like 0.1, but with opacity set to 1 you can really see the reflections looking very fake. how can i fix this?

could really appreciate some help!

Cheers,

Philip

@Ritterbecks
Have you tried making it translucent, and changing the fighting mode?
It might also help change the Refraction Depth Bias, as that might change the view of what gets rendered.
Shininess also might be worth messing around with.
I hope this can help, let me know if you have more issues!
-Zen :vulcan_salute:

@ZenLeviathan thanks for reaching out!

well, i have 2 projects with the same geometry: in one the reflections look different thban in the other. I had all of your advised settings already implemented.

When i migrate glass from the white reflection project to the blue reflection project, the white reflection glass adapts to the blue reflection project’s settings and also turns blue.

So i figured it is a setting that has something to do with the postproces volume, and not the glass material itself.

But: the translucency settings are the same in both postprocess settings of both projects.

Do you know what else could be going on here?

Hey @Ritterbecks
After checking it out a bit more, and digging through some old forum questions, it kind of seems like this was a known bug at some point, that Post-Processing does weird things with reflections. This kind of makes sense, as the Post-Process Volume wouldn’t technically have access to the code that’s creating the reflection.

Have you looked into using Lumen to calculate the reflections? It comes with a bunch of features that support some pretty dynamic reflections.

I hope this can help!
-Zen