[GIFT] An Unreal MCP proxy that never dies even when the engine crashes or recompiles

Hi! I’d like to leave this small gift to the community.

If you are already onboarded with Unreal’s latest MCP plugin, you may have realized that keeping it alive is a pain if you develop the engine itself heavily or crashing the editor on a daily basis.

This proxy I developed sits between your agent and the UE editor so that if the editor dies, the agent can reuse its existing connection for the newly spawned editor process, essentially hiding crashes and recompilations away from the agent while the agent is idle. If the agent tries to probe the engine while it’s dead, it will be aware that Engine is temporarily offline and will ask you to try again later when the process starts.

Why did I create this? Because without it every time UE dies, I have to restart Claude desktop app as well.

If you know how to integrate it to other agent tools, feel free to submit a PR to improve the README.

Have a nice day o/