GI / LPV not showing coloured lighit bouncing

[UE4.10]

I followed this LPV tutorial as shown here:

However, I am not getting any coloured light bounce/bleed on my chairs:

Any idea why?

HI Ash22,

I’m not seeing anything different from normal in my simple test scene I’ve setup.

The only difference here is that I increased the LPV Intensity in the Post Process Volume settings to 3 to make the bounce more significant, but even still I can see it without issue with the intensity at the default value of 1.

Try setting up a simple scene similar to mine and see if you get the same results. Something like this is easier to see the bounce light of color on rather than something that is getting more direct lighting where the colors can be washed out, much like in real life. For instance, green grass does not reflect bright green light onto houses or other surfaces, much like my scene, it would not be this intense in real life, but I pumped up the intensity to make it more visible.

Give that a shot and post a screenshot with your results.

Thank you!

Tim

Thanks Tim,
I’ll change the objects in my test project and report back…

Cool, it works now.
I revisited the LPV docs:

…and the LPV seem more visible (for me) with a post process that is set to ‘unbound’.

More important - getting the effect was also dependent on the light direction.

Changing the light orientation through 360 degrees gave a me varing (stronger/weaker) intensities of GI colour bounce depending on the angle of (surface) incidence, which makes sense now.

Great! Glad everything is working for you. :slight_smile: