Hey everyone, I’m getting a weird text issue.
I have a UI in my game where I display a percentage value on my player’s HUD.
When this value is changed in PIE it works fine, but when I package out the project and play it I get a ghost text of it’s original value (100%) behind the new value. I’ve tried:
- Using a random starting value to get it to ghost a different value, but it always ghosts the initial value on play of 100%, and
- switching settings within the text widget, and
- trying out different text widgets on screen with the same bind.
I get the ghosting issue with every other text I bind with the same function, but the only thing the blueprint it is:
Int variable > ToText(Int) > Text to String > Append (Int + %) > String to Text > Return Text
Anyone else have the same problem and find a solution.
I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any widgets/blueprints that may be involved?
I was unable to reproduce it into another project or map, but all the other changing text within the game don’t have this issue.
Even replaced the text and redid the bind and I’m still getting the ghosting issue; so it must be something about the blueprint.
Also noticed that the ghosting effect appears to happen early in the UI render. If I set the Border Widget’s brush color to an Alpha of 1, the ghost text is no longer visible; possibly because it is getting drawn over.
Would it be possible for you to provide a zipped down version of the project so that I could take a closer look?
Solved it. I had an old blueprint that I had deleted, but still was referenced in the folder, that was adding the same widget to the viewport; so I was double spawning the widget.