Here’s a project that Eric and I have been working on for a little while now. We originally planned for this project to be a two-week project, which for the most part it was, after seeing the 30th anniversary re-release of Ghostbusters in theaters in August.
We planned from the outset to make this project available for anyone who wanted it as well along with the assets provided so long as they are used for personal use and not resold. Please give credit where it’s due if you use any of the assets as well.
With that said, there were some caveats to how we created this project. We did not create this to be a player experience, but simply a cinematic. Running in real-time there are some moments of sluggishness and FPS drop. We optimized a little with the assets to make life easier while working and we do use LODs on the books since they are there are a lot of them. This helps with the FPS in real-time, but this experience was not meant to be used in real-time. If anyone wants to alter/tweak or have fun the project is available to do so.
In our initial stages we spent short while blocking out the level with BSP and the basic Matinee sequence.
My general workflow for modeling is to get the assets into the level as quickly as possible so we can start blocking out and seeing what works and what doesn’t. This has worked very well for Eric and I on previous projects and ones going forward since we’re only a team of 2 or even 3 at times.
While I work on getting UVs finalized along with other assets and meshing out the level Eric is working on VFX and any Blueprints that are needed to make the sequence work.
Here are a couple of images from the meshing process.
Download Project here: https://mega.co.nz/#!xJQTnLjB!MCnw4YWls_R3DcWUpuMD5ep3AvSwTWVFYaqlSQhH9zc