Ghost Actor/Class In Editor

I’m having issues with a NoteActor I’ve made called NoteVolume where the Dynamic Material I make via Drawing a Texture and Text to a canvas to be used as a material is not working constantly. In one instance it draws text fine in other instances it does not draw text fine but will always draw the texture fine (and yes I’ve checked to make sure I’m giving it some text and a black color to show).

While digging into why that doesn’t work I noticed that when selecting the class type of NoteVolume to spawn a note volume there are two!? I only have one NoteVolume actor yet for some reason I now have two and I don’t know why. Now I’ve tried different combinations of both to see if it would solve my original problem but more things break and my original problem never gets solved (the one mentioned in the first paragraph).

Right now I don’t know if this is related but I would really like to know and hopefully solve the double NoteVolume class issue I have. I have tried cleaning up redirectors with no success.

Visual of the problem

This project was updated from 4.20 to 4.21 but an older 4.21 build from February that I made for backup does not have this issue.

Source control to the rescue. I reverted the file three versions back, it solved the double class issue and my original problem.

I then reverted back to latest and both problems remained solved. I have no idea what caused the ghost one to appear and break certain logic I guess UE4 bugged out on me quietly. Let this be a lesson to everyone to use source control.

EDIT: Had to resave all child notes of parent NoteVolume in older revision it seems, need to do more testing to make sure things don’t break again.