Getting Player Position from blueprint class

Hi,
I have a blueprint class, consisting of an mesh and a widget.

I would like to make the widget positioned relatively to my hand ( or the VRPawn, whatever ), like in tiltbrush.

I tried using the GetHandPositionAndOrientation → setWorldPosition (targetted at my widget), but when i move my hand the widget moves with it, but its positioned at its own local (0,0,0).

I can simply adjust the widget position to the player position in the class, BUT, i would like to teleport around the mesh. While teleporting, i would need to update the player’s position( or hand’s position ) which i can’t.

How are such problems solved ? Can i access the parent ( which is the level ), and update the player position/offset/location inside my class ?

You need to add get player character location + hand position = world location of widget.

Thank you, I’ll be at work on tuesday, if it works, i’ll mark it as the right anwser :slight_smile:

Based on your anwser, the getHandPosition is relative to the class where it is called., and the getPlayerLocation gives me the offset( playerPos + classPivotPos) ?