Getting Paid in Crypto

Hello Everyone,

Quick intro about myself, I am a Content Creator on the UE4 Marketplace for the last 3 years.
Recently, I have become quite interested into this whole Cryptocurrency phenomenon, especially currencies like Bitcoin & Ethereum, not to mention the wider topic of Blockchain.

I am thinking that for UE4 developers, who are creating and consuming digital content via the online marketplace; Crypto Currencies seems like a viable alternative for large scale online transactions.

For starters, it might be a good idea for EPIC to provide buying options to potential customers to purchase digital content via Cryptocurrencies instead of fiat currencies like the US Dollar.
This could be setup as a collaboration between EPIC and a select few Content Providers, who would be willing to sell their digital products on the UE4 Marketplace for Bitcoin or Ethereum.

As time passes, more Content Creators might become motivated to accept payments in Crypto, and similarly more customers and clients might become interested as well.

Forgive me, If I come across as naive. I don’t have a background in Finance or Banking so I might be very ignorant about this whole subject but wanted to share my thoughts with the wider UE4 community.

See what the general mood is regarding this topic.
Regards,
Chetan Biswas

1 Like

first you think about making a cool game after you think about the money… virtual ownership requires a very cool game or you are considered a scammer and your project collapses after launch YOU NEED A 7-star costelation product from the school of HOKUTO NO KEN and ONLY the concept of such a magnitude VR product requires slave labor equal to the pyramid of Giza and without sparing the whip

In 2022 this the best way of payments

I’m afraid the planet doesn’t have enough electricity and web seciurity to support an MMOVRcryptovers where you can earn crypto and if everyone knows that 50% of the total crypto is scattered like bread crumbs in a mmo

if I had 300 million to invest, I would do it I can already imagine it opening day internet and electric greads crash brutally all over the planet Nerd Farms open everywhere a game nerd apocalypse

1 Like

Well the “Cryptocurrency phenomenon” is not as large scale as one might think. It works well as to 1-1 interaction but because of the use of the block chain makes it a better savings vehicle. Works well on the dark web but how many would make purchases on the Epic Marketplace using bit coin considering the work necessary to set it up versus those paying with dollar bills. .

Keep in mind Epic needs their cut of the sale so they would have to be a middleman in the transaction which breaks the purpose of having a block chain to begin with.

Granted my opinion but seeing more than one scam involving bitcoin it’s a lot easier for the end user to convert to dollars to make their purchase.

@FrankieV The harsh truth of crypto is brutal…all users would be happy to use crypto…but for DEVs and owners they have 2 options…it means a life where you have to hide as a wanted man from all the criminal organizations, sociplatics,friends and relatives on a planet…or live happy carefree without stress Crypto free…investing anonymously in crypto is one thing to do a crypto company si like throwing yourself off a skyscraper with the belief that you can survive the impact with the ground

To make crypto work you need a crypto central bank and a series of laser satellites similar to SpaceX Starlink in nubers but with a mega laser with one hectare of solar panels and 2 tons of connectors which in tandem incinerate from space with a EPIK death ray those who steal,sorry but I don’t see another working opisone for crypto no matter how, every code can be broken and it’s just a matter of time and techonlogical progress an economy cannot be based on a code and technology that can expire the concept itself is epic FAKE for scamers wit a nice :grinning: