Getting Message "We're sorry. It looks like we're having trouble connecting. We'll continue to retry."

I encountered a problem when installing Unreal Engine 5.1. Whenever I download, after 20 minutes or so, I get the message, “We’re sorry. It looks like we’re having trouble connecting. We’ll continue to retry.” I couldn’t find this problem anywhere else, and I have no clue if UE5.1 isn’t supported on Apple silicon yet, or if it’s the epic games launcher being buggy. It’s not my internet, because I was able to install unreal engine 5.0.3 perfectly. To get anywhere close to installing, I have to press cancel, then resume download over and over every minute or so. If anybody knows the solution, that would help a lot!

1 Like

Hey, I’m sorry you are running into these issues.

I’d start by:

1. Restart your computer
  2. Clear the cache on your browser
  3. Disable any VPN or proxy you may be using
  4. Try downloading at a different time of the day when the internet traffic is low.

It could have been caused by a number of factors:

• Epic Games server issue: The server may be experiencing high traffic or maintenance, which can cause the download to fail.
  • Internet connection: Although you have stated that your internet connection is not an issue, it is always good to check your internet connection, as a slow or unstable connection can cause the download to fail.
  • Firewall or antivirus: A firewall or antivirus software can block the download, make sure that the Epic Games Launcher is whitelisted in your firewall and antivirus software.
  • Epic Games Launcher: The launcher may be having issues or bugs that are causing the download to fail.

Sorry, I am not sure if Apple Silicon is supported, but if you managed to get the 5.0.3 working; then you should be able to install 5.1 as well.

Did you end up finding a fix for this?

Clear the cache on your browser, are you retarded or something how does that at all have an effect on the EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER that’s completely independent of whatever browser you’re using.

1 Like

This is a very awful way to introduce yourself to this forum, specifically for being your first post. Although I could have been more specific, there is no need for this type of language here. No amount of health issues, medication or other sources of unstable behaviour should result in acting this way. Please feel free to edit your response to reflect a better attitude!

I was suggesting that you clear the default windows cache stored in the %Temp environment path found here:
bild

Thank you ! This worked for me.

1 Like

That’s amazing! Thank you for letting me know!