Getting Message "We're sorry. It looks like we're having trouble connecting. We'll continue to retry."

I encountered a problem when installing Unreal Engine 5.1. Whenever I download, after 20 minutes or so, I get the message, “We’re sorry. It looks like we’re having trouble connecting. We’ll continue to retry.” I couldn’t find this problem anywhere else, and I have no clue if UE5.1 isn’t supported on Apple silicon yet, or if it’s the epic games launcher being buggy. It’s not my internet, because I was able to install unreal engine 5.0.3 perfectly. To get anywhere close to installing, I have to press cancel, then resume download over and over every minute or so. If anybody knows the solution, that would help a lot!

Hey, I’m sorry you are running into these issues.

I’d start by:

1. Restart your computer
  2. Clear the cache on your browser
  3. Disable any VPN or proxy you may be using
  4. Try downloading at a different time of the day when the internet traffic is low.

It could have been caused by a number of factors:

• Epic Games server issue: The server may be experiencing high traffic or maintenance, which can cause the download to fail.
  • Internet connection: Although you have stated that your internet connection is not an issue, it is always good to check your internet connection, as a slow or unstable connection can cause the download to fail.
  • Firewall or antivirus: A firewall or antivirus software can block the download, make sure that the Epic Games Launcher is whitelisted in your firewall and antivirus software.
  • Epic Games Launcher: The launcher may be having issues or bugs that are causing the download to fail.

Sorry, I am not sure if Apple Silicon is supported, but if you managed to get the 5.0.3 working; then you should be able to install 5.1 as well.