Getting map files for Life is Strange

Hello everyone!

So to get to the point:

I’m currently working on a big fan-project for Life is Strange. For that I need to get some of the maps in my 3D software.

Now the only way I found for now is extracting all .upk files and slowly puzzling hundrets of models and textures together based on screenshots of the maps in-game.

But the game knows where and how to load those models for each level, so there has to be a way to get this information right?

I was already browsing through all files in the upk data and also looked at the unrealscript classes. But I’m very unexperienced in scripting and Unreal modding so I couldn’t really find anything but a few .level and .world files that don’t really help me :confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Joshi

Hi there,

Sorry but we can’t help you with this. What you are looking to do goes against the end user licence agreement (EULA) for the commercially published game, unless you have written consent from the developer to do so. If we provided assistance on how to do this on this site, Epic could potentially be legally liable for what you end up doing with it.

For this reason we are not able to assist you, and we also recommend you adhere to the licence agreements you are bound to. If you ever released anything containing such assets (even for free) you could end up having legal action taken against you.

/Closed