Getting HUD to display based on character movement

So I had an idea to have the HUD display only under certain conditions; them being;

when the character is in combat / damaged or hurt

when the character is running

otherwise, the HUD will pretty much be hidden.

I thought of a setup and got it to work, but after looking into even ticks and do once, I am not sure if this is the best method. Can anyone take a look at this and tell me if there is something missing/ wired incorrectly?

NOTE: the Is Sprinting boolean is from the cast to player character node, and the function begin and end animations are just the animation with the play animation attached.

when my character stops moving, the fade out animation doesn’t play. the HUD just disappears instantly.
Any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated.

What about?

Thank you! there was the issue of the widget just disappearing rather than fading out. I tried to set the play mode to reverse and that didn’t do it for some reason. Just decided to make a duplicate of the animation fading out; So smooth! Again , thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Okay a new issue has arisen

I have a custom vehicle that turns off the hud visibility to switch to a different HUD
when I possess the vehicle, the Hud switches to another one.
Once I get out fo the vehicle, the HUD switches back to the default.

everything seems alright. Just a simple toggle visibility node, but once I get out, the boolean of the player character resets to a false value, and when I move the character around, the boolean stays false.

I think it’s because the character is destroyed after I posses a vehicle, so once I exit out of the vehicle a new character is created, but I still don’t believe that to be the case, because the boolean value is still there, so how come it does not read the control inputs/ update the boolean ?