Getting an error when running GenerateProjectFiles.sh

So i am trying to compile Unreal on arch linux, i got to the setup where i need to run
./Setup.sh
That completed successfully but after that when running GenerateProjectFiles.sh
I got the error saying something about not being able to find a icu package so i installed libicu50 from AUR. But now I have a new error and i cant seem to get past it.

Attempting to set up UE pretty printers for gdb (existing UEPrinters.py, if any, will be overwritten)...
        updated UEPrinters.py
        found necessary entries in ~/.gdbinit file, not changing it.

Setting up Unreal Engine 5 project files...

Setting up bundled DotNet SDK
/home/onouphrios/Unreal Engineer 5/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/DotNet/Linux/sdk/3.1.401/NuGet.targets(255,5): error : Unable to load the service index for source https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json. [/home/onouphrios/Unreal Engineer 5/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.csproj]
/home/onouphrios/Unreal Engineer 5/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/DotNet/Linux/sdk/3.1.401/NuGet.targets(255,5): error :   The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. [/home/onouphrios/Unreal Engineer 5/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.csproj]
/home/onouphrios/Unreal Engineer 5/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/DotNet/Linux/sdk/3.1.401/NuGet.targets(255,5): error :   The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. [/home/onouphrios/Unreal Engineer 5/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.csproj]
GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: Failed to build UnrealBuildTool

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

I am having the same error, also on Arch Linux.
Can anybody tell whats going on here?
The site https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json seems to be reachable by browser.

Try this:

export SSL_CERT_FILE=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt;
export SSL_CERT_DIR=/dev/null;

Then run ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh again.

1 Like

Did you find the solution in the end?

This trick did not work for me.
Still getting this error on Rocky Linux 9

Got the same error on Fedora 35. Solved it with:

export SSL_CERT_FILE=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt 
export SSL_CERT_DIR=/etc/ssl/certs

and then run
./GenerateProjectFiles.sh

1 Like

I must have bodged something with the code I downloaded.
My solution was to register my RSA key with github, downloaded the code via ssh again, and I got it to compile and run.

thank you!