GetDistanceAlongSplineAtSplinePoint Causes Crash

I’ve been playing with splines today in Blueprint and got locked out of my project. It crashes on open. Specifically these lines in SplineComponent.cpp:

float USplineComponent::GetDistanceAlongSplineAtSplinePoint(int32 PointIndex) const
{
	const int32 NumPoints = SplineCurves.Position.Points.Num();
	const int32 NumSegments = bClosedLoop ? NumPoints : NumPoints - 1;

if ((PointIndex >= 0) && (PointIndex < NumSegments + 1))
	{
		return SplineCurves.ReparamTable.Points[PointIndex * ReparamStepsPerSegment].InVal;
	}

return 0.0f;
}

The cause is that I am measuring points then adding points via AddSplinePointAtIndex with bUpdateSpline as false in blueprint. This is done in a loop. But because bUpdateSpline is false, the SplineCurves.ReparamTable never gets updated.

I’m thinking that

const int32 NumPoints = SplineCurves.Position.Points.Num();

should be

const int32 NumPoints = SplineCurves.ReparamTable.Points.Num();

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Not going to lie. I think that was a bad idea. responding via email is nightmare especially when you need to make a correction and aren’t sure if previous emails are being read. Then apparently when sending the full corrected email, gmail just trims the data so it’s hidden unless manually expanded. I’m trying to be as simple, clear and concise as possible. So far, this method has been miserable for me.

Also, how are people supposed to know if their issue is a bug or not and how is the community supposed to give feedback about work arounds or other solutions until the bug is fixed?