Get size of the compiled asset

Hello everyone! How can I get the size of the compiled asset using python or Editor blueprints? I need to create a CSV table of all assets in a project with a column size for multiple platforms. I figured out how to get a list of all assets, but I have no idea how to get the size.

To list all the files and their sizes in their PAK to a CSV file, just run this:
C:\[YOUR_UE_INSTALL_DIR]\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealPak.exe C:\[YOUR_PACKAGED_GAME_DIR]\WindowsNoEditor\[YourGameName]\Content\Paks\[YourGameName]-WindowsNoEditor.pak -List -csv=c:\path\to\your.csv

For people that want to get more hands on and don’t mind doing C++, all of this data will be in the Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\[YourGameName]\Metadata\DevelopmentAssetRegistry.bin which is created with every build. The Asset Audit window allows you to visualize those by clicking the “Selected Platform” dropdown in the upper right, selecting “Custom” and selecting the DevelopmentAssetRegistry.bin file. You can see how that window handles it in the engine’s source code to see how you can do it yourself programmatically.

1 Like

Great! Thank you very much, this is exactly what i need!