Get "showdebug vehicle" data into blueprint

I’m working on a racing game and want to have accurate sound fx for what is happening with the vehicle. The data provided when using “showdebug vehicle” in the console would be very handy to have.

I see where I can get the forward speed, gear, rpm and a few other values, but I need the lateral and longitudinal slip (tireLongSlip, tireLatSlip). It would be nice to have the other data as well.

Is there a way to access this data though blueprints? If not, could something in C++ be coded to access it? (I’m guessing so since the full source code is available)

Hi,

Most of the information should be possible to expose to blueprints from C++. I haven’t gotten around to this yet (sadly).
If you look at the code in UWheeledVehicleMovementComponent::DrawDebug you can see all the variables that are used.

If someone gets to exposing this before me and submits a pull request I’ll gladly integrate it. If not I’ll try to get this exposed soon!

I am trying to cast UWheeledVehicleMovementComponent component to a custom class inherited from UWheeledVehicleMovementComponent that exposes these variables in blueprint but casting fails for some reason. I don’t have a clue why! any help?

I’m also interested in this, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Has there been any progress on this? It would be wildly useful to have access to these.

Asking again, any progress there? would be really interesting!

This question has been unanswered for 5 years! I’m still trying to figure out the same.

i dealt with this by using things like suspension compression and difference between forward axis direction and velocity direction instead of lateral slip to setup effects. and the only variable you can get from wheels for this is rotation, and its a little rough but i have managed to get a simple traction control and abs working using the values from it. I dont think they are made accessible to blueprint because they are just debug stuff and not particularity accurate, the spikes in the wheel rotation output is crazy but im working on a way to lerp between results to smooth it. Look at retro racer on marketplace i used this method on that project