Get overlap of two actors of the same BP?

I’ve set up a hex tile system, and i’d like to add behaviors for instances where the hex tiles overlap. I’m having difficulty here getting a basic print string output because in every case the printout of the overlapped object is only the grey tile where it overlaps the player capsule, where as I am trying to get the overlap of the blue and grey tile to the right of the player. overlapBox and tilemesh are the same mesh where one is pure overlap and the other is generate overlap events, but mostly blocking.

I’ve tried this with various settings where tileMesh and overlapBox both have the same settings.

Does anyone know how to do this with two non-capsule, same-BP type of actors?

Im really trying to understand your description, but i dont understand :slight_smile:
You want to generate overlap event from 2 hex meshes at once, when you walk from one hex to another?

Hi, no I am not trying to capture the player. I am trying to generate the overlap even when the blue hex overlaps with the grey hex. You can see them overlapping but the only event generated is for the player. Both meshes are from the same BP class.

Hi, no I am not trying to capture the player. I am trying to generate the overlap even when the blue hex overlaps with the grey hex. You can see them overlapping but the only event generated is for the player. Both meshes are from the same BP class.
[/QUOTE]

So they are overlapped at game start? If yes then event cannot be fired… because its fired only when overlap happens…
Maybe you can try to use node “get overlapping actors”…
Blue hex is that one with blue stripes? Tell me what exactly you want to do because i still dont understand very well :slight_smile:

The mouse moves the blue hex around between the tile grid line. The hex is a striped /mask/hologram texture. It does not start overlapped in the level. I want to get the event when the blue hologram hex overlaps the other hex, which is spawned by the mouse click.

[video]https://youtu.be/1uBXbxZT0kE[/video]

I’ve added a clip of what I’m attempting to achieve.

You can see that the grid is set up in a way where the hologram/preview piece moves around, and when clicked the actual set piece pops into place. These two tiles are the same BP, with different material settings and states applied. I’m attempting to keep it simple because the entire is generated from the size of the model imported, along with one other float to account for offset.

The BP for the tile has:
A mesh
Text (for row and tile)
An overlap mesh. Same mesh but hidden.

I’d like to get the actor overlap to apply state properties based on collisions. I’ve tried it with the overlap in several settings but I’ve had no luck getting even a basic printout.

Any ideas as to how to do get the overlap to print out? From that point I’ll be able to get these next steps started.

Hmm so if i correctly understand, you want to generate overlap when you put hex into board.
As i see your setup, i would do it this way:
-click and spawn hex(done)
-travel to position(done)
-when its on desired position, use node “get overlapping actors”

With this way you will get all hexes that overlapping newly created hex, also be sure they are really overlapped.
Does this help you or still not? Let me know, i like to finding solutions :slight_smile: (i enjoyed with overlaps so much time)

The problem is that i’ve tried both ‘get overlapping actors’ and ‘on components begin overlap’. Both can pick up the pawn, but not other instances of themselves.

Then probably they are not overlapping themselves i think… try to scale up collision “box” or what is dealing with collision. If it doesnt help, you can upload somewhere project and i can test it

I ended up using a collision box primitive, because the static mesh wouldn’t work.