i’ve been struggling with my NPCs for a while now, many tutorials on youtube seem to be a bit out of date and i can’t find a precise answer to my problem.
there it is:
- I have an NPC that walks from point A to point B
- I want to make him stop and look at me when i press the action button
- i want to open a dialogue widget (optional for the moment)
- i want him to continue his path once the player goes away.
Here are my first attempts:
ServerLog.txt (6.62 KB)
This one simply did not work, the “InputAction Action” node does not activate.
*i tried linking a branch after the “Move To Point” Node with the condition “player Nearby” attached to it, but it did nothing regarding the branchng of false and true)
**my goal on this one was to make the character continue his path after i interrupted him, which worked, the problem was the “Move To Point” Nodes were still executing while the player was still next to it, the NPC kept trying to move to the points.but seemed to be switching between moving and stopping.
***additionnal Informations: **
- I’m Using 4.11
- I did not use the Level blueprint, to prevent potential conflicts (as heard on many tutorials)
- I’m using the Third Person template
- Interaction input works with the Dialogue NPC i set up earlier.
There it is, now i’ll gladly give more informations, and i hope resolving this could help other developpers that potentially encountered the same problem.
Thanks in advance!
PS: AnswerHub kepps telling me to verify the section in which i post eventhough i specified it, so i post it here