Generic Shooter: Support Thread

Weapon switching is kind of… complicated, due to the networking side of things.

For this project, @ uses the simplest method @ could think of as to not get too crazy on people, which is store weapon variables for all the holstered slots and have a variable for the equipped weapon. Various logic then puts weapons in and out of holster slots into the equipped weapon variable, and the weapons fire off events on equip or holster that allow the Pawn to know whats happening. There are a few fallbacks in certain cases for replication when things get out of sync due to lag and such which force weapon updates over the network from the server.

@: Bought and currently setting it up for one of my projects … thanks for this. I have tons of assets that are ready to go in to this project … good luck with your sales. 8-}

finally :slight_smile: bought it

Hi,
You mentioned that the pack has troubles with 4.7.6 version of Unreal. How about 4.8.0? I’m thinking of using this to start a new project in 4.8.0

This fully supports 4.8, and is intended to be used with 4.8. @ did not intend it for 4.7.6, even though it is listed as such.

Has anyone been able to get Steam to work?

I have it working in 4.7 but can not get it to work in 4.8 with the Generic Shooter. :frowning:

Will this support C++ in the future ?

While I can understand @Hevedys request, I hope this kit stays with 100% Blueprint.

OK, Thanks . I just purchased it this morning and will give it a whirl.

It is done. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have fixed the post for the . 8-}

Awesome blueprint, this is very helpful to someone whos trying to learn. Im working on a small game mostly to showcase my 3d assets and this has made my life so much easier. Quick question will there ever be more documentation on what each blueprint does so I can learn a bit more? Also will you ever possibly make an AI blueprint system?

Yes and yes, @ is working on both in time.

This must be the most helpful blueprint on the marketplace as it saves me hours/days/months of work. Now I have a Fallout 3/Skyrim like camera and a score system + lots of more :slight_smile:
Thanks again.

Can the networking or multiplayer functionality be easily switched off?

Thanks

Great stuff, congrats on the release , a no brainer at that price!

Just about to fire it up :slight_smile:

Mark

@: Do you have some short instructions on how to add more player meshes and have them able to be selected in the customise character menu?

Awesome pack by the way … fine job. 8-}

@: just very minor thing: UE is complaining and warning about the long project name, maybe make it a bit shorter.

It can’t really be switched off… but if you remove the “Listen” text in the Host Game button press logic located in the Main Menu widget blueprint, any game you start won’t have any online connectivity. The multiplayer stuff would still be there, but no one could connect, essentially making it single player.

Awwwwww yeah, thanks dawg!

[QUOTE=qdelpeche;314133 @: Do you have some short instructions on how to add more player meshes and have them able to be selected in the customise character menu?

Awesome pack by the way … fine job. 8-}[/QUOTE]

I plan on uploading that some point today!

[QUOTE=blackcellchris;314135 @: just very minor thing: UE is complaining and warning about the long project name, maybe make it a bit shorter.[/QUOTE]

I’ll see what @ can do about that.

Packaged Game Crashes on Startup. it loads… crashes… loads again? crashes… could use some help here,i downloaded from marketplace, packaged as is… want to test multiplayer with a friend.
Logs