Generic Shooter: Support Thread

Hey @, I’m having trouble with steam integration. I followed the defaultengine.ini tutorial properly, and i believe have my SDKs organized right. I have yet to get shift+tab to open the steam menu. The closest I’ve got was a packaged game with supposedly the right settings in the ini file, the steamsubsystem plugin enabled, and a

LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steam API disabled!
LogOnline: Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()

error in the output log.

But further tampering with some of those config files have also lead me to crashes and having to migrate projects so I could have fresh ini’s and .cs’s (I’m using blueprint only so I know that adjusting those shouldn’t work anyway). I’ve also heard that you shouldn’t have to package to test the steam menu either which would help. I’ve also run into an error when after adjusting the defaultengine and trying to enable the steamsubsystem plugin where the project will crash at 93% on restart. So I’m at a loss in a couple ways, and can’t seem to figure out where I’m going wrong. Also I’m using mac os and UE 4.13. Thanks! P.S. Other than steam integration Generic Shooter has been very fun and easy so far and I’m very happy with my purchase.

EDIT: After a few more hours of trying today I can consistently package the game with what should be the right ini settings and the steam plugin enabled and the output log seems like both my sdk’s are working correctly. I don’t get any issues in the log other api disabled and steamsubsystem shutdown. But attempts at running in standalone will always crash. With the packaged games I’ll open them through steam but still no steam overlay. Any ideas where I could be going wrong or ways to troubleshoot?

Another EDIT! This is my answerhub question with a little more info and logs on my issue

EDIT:And these are the tutorials I’ve been trying for different packages (they’re mostly the same though)

https://wiki.gamemak.in/genericshooter/communitytutorials/enablesteam4.13