Generating lots of "indoor" content to be seen through windows?

Wondering if there’s some kind of plugin/randomizer that can take interior furnisings / other objects and quickly distribute them fairly realistically.

This would essentially be for a scene in which the interior of buildings with many rooms/spaces are seen, somewhat close-up, but need variation. Something like a row of stores, apartments with large windows, etc.

thanks

I never really implemented it proper but I was trying exactly that with a set of paralax materials. They can give you a good 3D effect with being just a flat surface. You could have multiple layers of textures and shift the uvs or change colors randomly. Just to point you into a possible direction.
Something like this

1 Like

Thought about that, but all the images for the panels would still need to be created… still, it might be really efficient to generate a bunch of those. Hm…

I’ve seen artists, once you have the library of assets, churn out dozens of “through the window” layouts per hour. Developing a plugin that would give you enough variation, and then configuring the plugin with your assets, would very likely take longer than just biting down and chewing through the necessary number of layouts/assets manually.