Generate visual studio project files Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named

I use Git and two computers. I use the branch 4.27-plus on my desktop and the branch 4.27.2-release on my laptop. I created my project on my desktop and download it into my laptop. But i can’t open or build my project. The UE4 show me the message below with Yes/No buttons.

Missing fps Modules
The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
   fps
Would you like to rebuild them now?

I tried but it couldn’t be compiled.

fps could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually

So, i tried Generate Visual Studio Project files. Of course i do Switch Unreal Engine version. It show me the same error message

Running C:/Users/frfr1/Desktop/git/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe  -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/frfr1/Desktop/git/UE4Study-NetworkFPS/fps.uproject" -game -engine -progress -log="C:\Users\frfr1\Desktop\git\UE4Study-NetworkFPS/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-Win64-Shipping-2022.06.29-14.21.24.log"
Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named 'fpsTarget'.  This type must derive from the 'TargetRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

Here is the log file.

UnrealBuildTool.Main: ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named 'fpsTarget'.  This type must derive from the 'TargetRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
UnrealBuildTool.Main: BuildException: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named 'fpsTarget'.  This type must derive from the 'TargetRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
UnrealBuildTool.Main:    위치: UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateTargetRulesInstance(String TypeName, TargetInfo TargetInfo) 파일 C:\Users\frfr1\Desktop\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\RulesAssembly.cs:줄 514
UnrealBuildTool.Main:    위치: UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateTargetRules(String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform Platform, UnrealTargetConfiguration Configuration, String Architecture, FileReference ProjectFile, CommandLineArguments Arguments) 파일 C:\Users\frfr1\Desktop\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\RulesAssembly.cs:줄 659
UnrealBuildTool.Main:    위치: UnrealBuildTool.ProjectFileGenerator.AddProjectsForAllTargets(PlatformProjectGeneratorCollection PlatformProjectGenerators, List`1 AllGames, List`1 AllTargetFiles, String[] Arguments, ProjectFile& EngineProject, ProjectFile& EnterpriseProject, List`1& GameProjects, Dictionary`2& ProgramProjects) 파일 C:\Users\frfr1\Desktop\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\ProjectFiles\ProjectFileGenerator.cs:줄 2339
UnrealBuildTool.Main:    위치: UnrealBuildTool.ProjectFileGenerator.GenerateProjectFiles(PlatformProjectGeneratorCollection PlatformProjectGenerators, String[] Arguments) 파일 C:\Users\frfr1\Desktop\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\ProjectFiles\ProjectFileGenerator.cs:줄 774
UnrealBuildTool.Main:    위치: UnrealBuildTool.GenerateProjectFilesMode.Execute(CommandLineArguments Arguments) 파일 C:\Users\frfr1\Desktop\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\GenerateProjectFilesMode.cs:줄 208
UnrealBuildTool.Main:    위치: UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main(String[] ArgumentsArray) 파일 C:\Users\frfr1\Desktop\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.cs:줄 557
/*
파일 = file
위치 = location
줄 = line
*/

How can i generate Visual studio project files and rebuild them to update version of UE4 project.

1 Like