Generate cpp project Couldn't find UnrealBuildTool

Just open your project using the launcher it will generate vs files.

3 Likes

ERROR: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing. Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher.

Iā€™ve got .net 3.1/5.0/6.0 tho :DDDDDDDDDDD
EDIT: Yes, it worked installing 4.6.0 WTF.

thatā€™s the only way that worked for me but you have to fix any ā€˜futureā€™ compile errors prior to converting via launcher or it will also fail to generate sln properlyā€¦

it is work, thanks

Thanks it works for my needs.

regenprojects.cmd

@anonymous_user_add01a93 off
SET PATH=%PATH%;D:\EpicGames\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\Win64;D:\EpicGames\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\DotNET;D:\EpicGames\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool;D:\EpicGames\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationTool

UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=ā€œD:\EpicGames\Myproject\MyprojectGame\MyprojectGame.uprojectā€ -game -Engine -rocket -progress

Tons of errors trying to make my project work.
Iā€™m no Visual studio/NuGet expert in any way but got the project created as per instructions mentioned in this thread.

Next issue is to get it to actually compile. Any idea what to do about this?

Error occurred while restoring NuGet packages: Access to the path ā€˜C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Source\Programs\Shared\EpicGames.Jupiter\obj\EpicGames.Jupiter.csproj.nuget.g.propsā€™ is denied.

I got same errors when trying to build from .sln created via command line like in previous suggestions, only way that worked was by opening project from launcher and converting there (but I also had to eliminate all compile errors before that worked so it took few tries by copying project over and over and fixing issues one by one)

This worked for me:
Delete your .sln file.
Open the project in the Unreal 5 editor and then select the ā€˜Refresh Visual Studio Projectā€™ option under the Tools menu at the top.

2 Likes

Replace the UnrealVersionSelector.exe in Launcher folder use the soure code compiled version.

@Maethor

delete Intermediate folder and remove -Engine from the command.

1 Like

This worked for me. Thanks

Thanks! That helped me a bit further.

The next step for me was to open C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat in notepad and write REM before the line "REM call ā€œ%~dp0GetDotnetPath.batā€ ", as that didnā€™t exist for me.

After this I struggled with some other preprocessor issues (where I just had to read the output and fix it), and am now to a bunch of project ā€œerrorsā€. So at least now itā€™s up to me to fix it (I hope).

Launching the game created new binaries and solved my problem

Updated to EA2, restarted Windows, and refreshed my C++ project using ā€œTools > Refresh Visual Studio Projectā€ menu option in the Editor.

2> 'Error_UBTMissing' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
2> '"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\GetDotnetPath.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

So, the issue remains the same (at least for me) even after EA2 updateā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ve not tried with a project created with EA1 under EA2, but when using a new project created with EA2, both tools->Refresh Visual Studio Project and right-click .uproject in explorer and ā€œGenerate Visual Studio Project Filesā€ both work successfully after adding new source files.

1 Like

@splodginald Thank you! After reading your post, I created a new EA2 C++ project using the Third Person template just for test purpose, and refreshed the project as you said. I am afraid it doesnā€™t work for me. Still getting the same errors as before. :frowning_face:

Iā€™ve just tested again with a new project using Third Person template and it works fine for me.
I added code for a plugin, selected ā€œGenerate Visual Studio project filesā€ in explorer, no errors displayed and everything built fine.
I canā€™t think what to suggest, but I hope you get it sorted.

Edit: I just repeated the process using ā€œTools > Refresh Visual Studio Projectā€ menu option in the Editor and that worked fine for me too.

Copy Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealVersionSelector.exe to UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\Win64 and run it, registry directory. Then right click your uproject, reselect version and generate project. It is worked for me.

All you have to do is install .NET 3.1 Framework.
You can get it officially from Microsoft at Download .NET Core 3.1 (Linux, macOS, and Windows)

1 Like