General questions about getting starting and whats best for me (novice)

Hello hows everyone’s day going today? If i posted this thread in ther wrong section please feel free to move it :slight_smile:

So Id like to get started using Unreal Engine 4 (most likely using a mac to build it unless you guys recommend a different computer platform) to create a FPS arena shooter, specfically for the xbox one, (or at least on the computer using xbox controllers) and ive tried doing the research to figure out what all i need in order to develop an unreal engine 4 game for the xbox one and havent gotten anything concrete, mostly conflicting information between people saying you need a microsoft dev kit and licensing and proof that your a dev in order to get these things and other people saying that you dont need these things and can use some sort of unreal code to get the proper permission to create a game for xbox one. Im assuming some of you have experience with or knowledge of the proper way to go about creating content for the xbox one. Thank you!

Im really interested in creating an FPS arena shooter for the xbox one, im just curious what you guys think will be the best way to achieve this goal? Also is it possible to create the game on the computer and play/test it on the computer using xbox controllers and then eventually “porting” it to the proper format for xbox one? If it is possible to create the game on the computer as well as test/play it on the computer using xbox controllers, would i be able to test/play online with friends/users or would I need special settings/server to achieve such things.

I just want to make sure I get all the correct code, products, etc I need to achieve my goals. I know im a novice so i greatly appreciate all of your help, opinions, input, and advice. Thanks!

ps: in case you didnt notice, this is totally new to me and im a complete novice, but very excited to start learning new things!!