Hey everyone and welcome to the Robo Recall Mod Kit! Here will live a growing list of information, known issues, and some quick fixes that you can use for building mods!
- Mission 1-1 is available inside the Robo Recall mod kit as an example of how we built our missions. The other missions are not in the build, so loading them in editor will just take you back to the hub area.
- Pawn mods only take affect inside missions launched from the mod menu. When you’re in the starting menus or hub, you won’t see the affects take place.
- To create code mods, you have to have a compiler installed (such as Visual Studio 2015). If you’re wondering why those options are not in the menu, that would be why
- You can directly subclass OdinWeapon for Weapons, OdinCharacter for Enemies, VR_Pawn for the player pawn and Flying_Boss for the boss if you choose not to use the menu.
- You can update your mod’s meta info inside the Edit->Plugins Menu. Use this to change versions and descriptions before cooking
- Weapon mods have two booleans on them - “AffectsPlayer” and “AffectsEnemy”. Use these to allow or restrict access to these weapons for either the player or enemy. If they’re selected, they will be used by the appropriate character.
Known Issues & Quick Fixes
From the “Create Mod” menu, Bipeds are currently having issues with their removable limbs. Arms will tear off correctly, but the head and legs will run into snags. This will be addressed in an upcoming update.
QUICK FIX - If you’re making Biped mods and you want to customize the tearable limbs, you can choose the appropriate class from the Right Click-> New Blueprint option inside the Content Browser folder of your mod.
From the “Create Mod” menu, the Drone currently has a problem with the material on its lazer beam when fired and it will render as black. This will be addressed in an upcoming update.
QUICK FIX - You can either create the drone from the New Blueprint option when you right click inside your mod’s content browser, or do this inside your construction script.