General Blueprint Crash

An SSD shouldn’t be a problem. If you can, try to get at least 30 gbs free to see if there is a significant difference between the two situations. If not, we can safely assume this is not the cause of your error. In the meantime, I’ll continue trying to reproduce this error on my end.

I deleted the engine and re-installed the launcher and the engine into D:\ which is not an SSD but has 700+ GB but still performed no difference. All the workaround above mentioned didn’t help.

I deleted the engine and re-installed the launcher and the engine into D:\ which is not an SSD but has 700+ GB but still performed no difference. All the workaround above mentioned didn’t help.

Hi ,

What scalability settings are you using in the editor? Try setting these to a lower setting to see if lower scalability helps to resolve the error.

I changed it from “Maximum Quality” to “Scalable 3D or 2D” but made no difference.

Unfortunately at this point it may be advisable to take the pc in to be checked. There doesn’t seem to be any specific reason this is occurring so the next step would be to check and see if any of your RAM sticks have gone bad or if there is any other hardware trouble that may be causing this to occur.

And I checked my RAM by running memory diagnosing tool in Administrative Tools in Control Panel. It turns out to be OK.

The settings I am referring to are these:

Set all of them to low, are you still getting the same crash?

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment here with updated reproduction steps and crash logs.

Well, I set these scalability to all low, at the lowest points, but still got the blueprint freezes.

Hi ,

We took another look at your dxdiag and found that you may be on a CPU driver that may be the location of the problem, as that driver is known to have issues with UE4. Update your CPU and GPU drivers (for both Intel and Nvidia, to be safe), and see if this addresses the error.

I checked driver updates in device manager. I found all my intel CPUs and my NVIDIA GPU got the latest updates. My intel GPU need an update. After I updated the intel GPU and upgraded unreal to 4.10.1, I still got the freeze. Same with 4.10.0.

Hi Freeman,

We’ve run into some crazy editor performance with the driver version that the device manager and intel’s software installs for you automatically. It is not ACTUALLY the latest driver. Driver version 10.18.### is the version that causes trouble (and it’s the one you have installed).

Please manually install the driver linked below and get back to us.

• W.

PS - Please check out our Software Conflicts wiki page to see if you may be running any similar software to the ones listed there.

I installed the driver and still got the freeze. I checked the conflict software. It said intel graphic 10.18.10.#### conflicts. Mine is 10.18.14.4222 now.

In your editor, go to Windows>Reset Layout, then re-open the project. Do you see any difference after doing this?