[GAUGING INTEREST] Parallax Camera Blueprint System

Parallax Camera Blueprint System

Hey everyone!

I’ve been working on a 2D Point-n-Click adventure game for the past year or so, and one of the many cool/useful pieces of tech I’ve made for it is an easy to use, plug-and-play parallax camera. Seems like there is a need for good 2D support on the Marketplace.

Features:

1. Unlimited background layers* and easy-to-prepare layer presets: preparing a layer preset and adding background elements to a layer takes no time at all and involves a single float value and the ability to click two buttons.
    LayerSetup.PNG
  2. Clamped Character Follow: quickly set the camera to follow a particular character within clamped parameters to ensure the camera fulcrum does not exceed your play space.
    CameraParameters.PNG
  3. Farplane: set a textured plane that follows the camera, giving the illusion of great depth (the mountains in the above gif).
    LayerSetup.PNG

What the package includes at the moment:
Demo Level (what the above gif is taken from)
Full tutorial Blueprint on how to set everything up

Right now the camera is ready for widespread consumption. But does anyone want it? Let me know!

Cheers!

*Let’s be honest. Nothing is limitless. And much like Olive Garden’s Pasta, some things shouldn’t be limitless. Your processor and/or waistline won’t like it.

Looks awesome. If it’s ready, I say submit it. The work is done, and trello is as good a place as any to see if there’s interest.

Personally, though I don’t need something like this, I see it as something that many people would like to have! Nice work!