Gathering Feedback & Perspectives on my blueprints for a class assignment.

Hello!
I’m currently trying to learn more about programming in UE4.27 (BLUEPRINT) for an in-class assignment, and for a part on the rubric I need to gain perspectives & feedback on some of my work.

I will attach some screenshots of some of my mechanics I programmed within UE. These might be simple for you, but I’m still learning after all. The mechanic is listed in the comments or written onto the screenshot (door, platform, flashlight etc).
[For the feedback & perspectives, I want to base my questions around - just ideas don’t have to answer all of them…]

>How can I further optimise my code?; Is there anything I should add, remove, or replace to make it easier to work with, or positively impact performance (even in the slightest)?

>How would YOU create these?; I might’ve created the item/blueprints vastly differently from what you would’ve done. Simply, what is the logic you would’ve used to create the same goal?

>How should I organise my layout of code?; Should I split some parts up, turn others into variables (or something like that), or section parts more neatly?

>What are some issues you see - even down the road?; The code might be exploitable, or if modified can completely break it? *(Example; I know that my item pick-up somehow picks up my door - that’s something unrelated to the door since your not meant to pick that up).

>Literally note anything else to: If you have anything else to say, or note, please do. Anything is appreciated*

Anything is HIGHLY appreciated, even if it’s a small element. First time talking in here so time to see how it goes. I will be checking this forum up to Wednesday preferably.

Thanks!

There’s nothing complex about your setup. Nothing worth checking at this level, at least not yet. Even if you run some profiler, you won’t get much feedback. I can see some suspects, but at this level of setup, it won’t be a problem; hell, even if these suspects were repeated 50 times later, it wouldn’t cause you any problems on the CPU side. Plus, modern hardware isn’t as fragile as back then. They can handle the complexity side of coding pretty well.

The one that really will be your issue is your level design framework, static mesh complexity, ticking behaviour, physics simulation, texture streaming, texture size, materials’ instructions and probably traces. So, I need to ask: what kind of optimisation are you looking for? If it’s just actors’ backend functionality, it won’t cost you much.