Gas to Electric issue

So I have looked everywhere I could think and tried every which way to find a solution, but to no avail. Even though this seems to be a common enough issue.

I have a structure that is set up to by default use gas, on a multiuse function I can swap what needs to be swapped to change it to require electricity and not fuel. That part I did easy enough, but now I have an issue that I can not resolve. If I place my generator, cable and outlet then turn it on while my structure is set to electricity, it will immediately detect it and say powered, but if it starts in Gas mode or I swap to gas then back to electricity, it will not detect the power and then I have to turn of the generator and turn it back on again for it to detect.

Is there a solution for this? I would think so since the Fabricator in the S+ mod works seemingly flawlessly with this same mechanic.

I have tried to go as far as to find a way to detect if the power outlet or even a generator attached to the outlet was powered, but for the life of me I can’t find a way to do that either.

This is how I tried to check if the junction was powered, but it just returns false even when it is powered.

Try this in a custom event

Set a timer when you switch

And here you check to see if there is fuel.