Gampad Inputs Dpad and Thumbsticks

Hello everyone,

First question: I was wondering what input Action Mapping setting controlled the Dpad diagonal Buttons on a controller, if UE4 supports those.

Second question: similar to the first question I want to set an action to when a thumbstick is actually pressed down or clicked, if that makes sense. Thank you for any assistance with this.

Hi AlphaHemi,

In the input settings under the axis or action mappings you should find these:

Gamepad Dpad Up, Right, Down, Left

Gamepad Thumbstick Right, Thumbstick Left are the L3 and R3 buttons (thumbsticks clicked inward)

Thank you for your quick answer, as far as the dpad goes I understood the up, down, left, right. What I am having trouble with is the diagonal function of the dpad for example on some console games when you press the up and right, up and left, down and right, down and left, you can get 4 extra dpad functions. I hope that makes sense.

the diagonal position is I think you will have to track that both are pushed at the same time. So you could create a bool that if both UP & Left are pushed it is true then continue to the function.

i programmed my settings to work with PS3 Controllers.i used motion joy game pad tool
once downloaded motion joy has to be opened at the same time UDK 4 is.and enable Xbox 360 settings in motion joy and vibrate the controller to make sure its working

i programmed my settings to work with PS3 Controllers.i used motion joy game pad tool once downloaded motion joy has to be opened at the same time UDK 4 is.and enable Xbox 360 settings in motion joy and vibrate the controller to make sure its working