GameSparks

Is this basically Leaderboards / Achievements / IAP / etc. outside of Steam ? (so if I wanted to, I could release my UE4 game via itch.io for example and still have all these social / monetization features)

Is it all exposed to us via BP and has decent docs/examples/support ?

Thanks

Hi Motorsep,
I’m part of the customer success team at . We provide a comprehensive feature set for backend configuration. We have many integrations, including steam.

Here is a rundown of our platforms features:

Core:
· Cloud Code Editor: (Add Logic, build your own API)
· Cloud Data: (Define MetaData/Runtime Data Structures)
· Binary Asset Manager: (Manage DLC, No more waiting for platform holders to approve your content)
· Push Notifications: (Setup all notifications from one centralized backend, localize global campaigns )

Social:

· Real time and Turn based multiplayer: (Reduced latency, highly scalable)
· Chat: (Cross-platform chat, p2p and group)
· Leaderboards: (Rank any aspect of player performance, highly scalable)
· Social Network Integration: (Pull Data from Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others)

Economies:

· Currencies: (Up to 6 currencies. Manage rewards to increase retention)
· Virtual Goods: (Create and manage in-game store without need for client updates)
· Rewards and Achievements: (Easily manage both, a great way to drive engagement)
· Optimisation & Management:
· Analytics: (Completely customizable, build reports for almost any conceivable event)
· Segmentation: (Group players with Segments for analysis. Optimise monetisation by age, location, anything you want)
· Experiments: (Make drastic changes to game mechanics and only expose who you wish to those changes.)
· Player Management: (View player history and summaries of activity. Edit player records, reward top players or remove unwanted players)
· Dynamic Form Builder: (Custom forms for Community Managers and Game Operators to get the most out of GameSparks)

You can register for a free evaluation account here:
Should you have any questions, one of our dedicated support team is always on hand and can arrange a skype call to delve a little further into each feature we have to offer and how this can impact your project.
Hope to hear from you soon,

Will give a try from myself. Thanks!

Bringing this thread back up again, but I’ve been using GameSparks the last few days in UE4. I’ve went through the tutorials and got registration, login and authentication, and sending player position working.

What I’m wondering is if the GameSparks plugin works with UE4’s networking (player locations, etc.) or do I have to do that on my own? I’m assuming based off what little I’ve done with it and have seen, that I have to make it custom on my own, but wanted to get information on that before bothering.

@Eilios did you ever find an answer to your questions? I would really like to know this as well.

This does not replace the UE4 online subsystem does it? Like, I still need to create a session and get all players in the session to actually play a game? Gamesparks so far has been good about telling me what it can do, but not what it can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Ditto. I’m looking into this now but haven’t been able to find answers to these questions.

I think i’ll wait untill i see more positive feedback.

I use Azure’s table services (via json interface) for storing voxel changes. I have not being charged a cent by Azure on their pay as you go service - it is pretty cheap.
So if you want to roll your own, it is not too hard and you obviously get total control.

Hi Everbody!

Check out our updated Unreal here!

See you on the forums =)

guys,
UGameSparksComponent is a USceneComponent. so it have to be added as an component of another scene actor . problem is that whenever i load a new level that scene actor gets deleted . so connection between ue4 app and gamespark also gets reset.
how to prevent that?
anyway to not to delete the scene UGameSparksComponent’s parent?

I’ve replied to your post :slight_smile:

Anyone was able to get this running in 4.14? If so what changes did you made as I can’t recompile my project from source, thus not able to work…

Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparks\Private\GSMessageListeners.cpp(346): error C2228: left of ‘.GetValue’ must have class/struct/union
Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparks\Private\GSMessageListeners.cpp(346): note: type is ‘EWorldType::Type’

^^ this is printed in console multiple times, no idea how to fix that

The 4.14 build will be out soon, not released yet, the current branch is from 27th October.

Hopefully this clears up some confusion. I’ve been using GS for a few weeks now, and I can answer the basic replication questions.

Yes, this does replace the UE4 online subsystem. GameSparks is its own networking solution and works like this:

1. Open the game.
  2. Connect to GS (from the GameMode).
  3. Tell GS you’re looking for matches.
  4. Wait for another player to complete steps 1-3 on their device.
  5. When a match is found, GS creates a new real-time session.
  6. You tell GS your data you want to replicate, such as position rotation (through GameMode).
  7. GS tells you the data about the other player(s), and you create a simulation of them on your device.

GameSparks is essentially the authority in the equation. You have to communicate with it directly to make things happen. The Unreal replication and session features do not work with Unreal.

That being said, I think this will be perfect for my cross-platform mobile game.

4.14 SDK has been released

You mean that Gamesparks is already updated? or you talk about UE? :slight_smile:

Thank you for QUICK fix! <3 Really appreciated! :slight_smile:

There was a bug in the new version with get String node, has been fixed, new release is out.

Hey all! Im with the GamesparksCuctomer support Team!

The newest version of our Unreal SDK is available @ https://bitbucket.org/gamesparks/gamesparks-cpp-unreal/downloads

GameSparks have tutorial packages for Authentication, Cloud code, Leaderboards, Virtual Goods and Achievements can be downloaded from our repository @ http://repo.gamesparks.net/

Here is our guide to getting started with Unreal and GameSparks using C++ https://docs.gamesparks.com/getting-started/creating-a-game/unreal-setup.html , and or guide for Blueprint specific projects can be found here https://docs.gamesparks.com/getting-started/creating-a-game/unreal-setup.html#blueprint-only-project.

We also provide a break down of the platforms core concepts @ https://docs.gamesparks.com/documentation/key-concepts/ as well as a comprehensive list of tutorial walkthroughs for implimenting these key concepts into you project @ https://docs.gamesparks.com/tutorials/

You can register for a free evaluation account here:

Should you have any questions, the support team is always on hand to answer your questions and help you with your project.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Regards,
-Dave

Hi all.
How to use [OnlineSubsystemGameSparks] with blueprint ?

I dont understand the section of Online Subsystem in SDK document.
(https://bitbucket.org/gamesparks/gamesparks-cpp-unreal)
I want more information.

sorry my poor english