8 Circuit Studios is looking to work with a combat design expert specializing in full setup and balance of weapons in a hybrid space combat / fps combat genre mashup game released in pre-alpha in Steam Early Access.
- Utilizing existing ship weapons systems, setup weapon types from scratch for primary/secondary combat (projectile, spread, ammo, reload, charging, targeting), unique to ship classes.
- Own the complete weapons pipeline (Front End/Back End Setup, Assignments, Balance, Progressions)
- Playtest daily with the internal community, record feedback and iterate to get weapons feeling tight
- Work with production and engineering to propose improvements to existing systems
- Drive game design with creative director guidance across systems, focused on space combat.
- Actively guide teams to reach target design goals offering mentoring and support where possible
- Prioritize well, meet deadlines and communicate progress with your lead and/or manager.
- Expertise working in Unreal Engine 4 with a portfolio of released titles.
- Deep passion for FPS shooters and space combat, Console or PC.
- Demonstrable experience creating gameplay (controls, weapons systems, player progression) in a 3D environment.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience for buy-off
- Technical ability to rapidly get your design concepts “on the screen”.
- Open to direction and feedback while meeting deadlines and managing multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills
Please send your resume/portfolio to** firstname.lastname@example.org**