Gameplay Ability System with Game Features

Hello,

My project is using Gameplay Ability System (GAS) for my character’s abilities and attributes (Health/Stamina/Currency/ect). I am very interested in the Game Features plugin that was recently added in UE, however I am having a lot of difficulty wrapping my head about combining the two systems. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of material of combining both of them, and the only resource I have is the “Valley of the Ancients” demo, but I cannot access the project due to hardware and file size limitations.

How would I be able to add abilities and attributes I have created using GAS to the Game Features plugin system? The abilities I created are currently using the input system in GAS but how do I set it up in game features?

I’d love any type of help from someone who has implemented both in a project or has knowledge on the workflow. A very simple case example would also be extremely helpful! Let me know if you need clarification on anything I asked here.

1 Like

I found this video, so you can follow the tutorial and customize your ability system with game features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzmelrcNsKA&lc=UgySmPDTN6lLyZ_IzN94AaABAg.9bP00_7X2U39bPkaN9UTaR

1 Like

Perhaps this will help. This is specifically relating to how to connect GAS to the Enhanced Input System that Lyra’s GameFeatures use. If you are using Lyra this will point you in the right direction. If you aren’t using Lyra, perhaps this will help you see how Epic has done it there.

2 Likes