GameKit key missing from plist

Hi,

I can’t get Unreal’s Game Center support to work.

When I open the project in Xcode the Game Center capability section tells me that the GameKit key is missing from the plist. When I let Xcode fix the issue, Unreal removes it on the next launch.

Any ideas?

Some more context:

I have created an iTunes Connect record with Bundle Id and enabled Game Center support for version 1.0 of my app.

I’ve created an App ID that matches the iTunes Connect Bundle ID and a provisioning profile that allows me to use Game Center.

Game Center is enabled in UE 4.10.

I’ve added a call to the Show External Login UI Blueprint node linked to the Begin Play event in my level blueprint.

This call immediately trips On Failure.

The App Version on device is not the same as the Bundle version in the settings. Unreal changes the Bundle version string to the Bundle version from project settings however the Bundle version itself is set to the value from *.PackageVersionCounter.

I’m at a loss as to what I need to do to get Game Center to work in UE 4.10.

Cheers.

I don’t think the missing GameKit permission is why I can’t test Game Centre.

I had been looking in the log for references to Game Centre and had overlooked the following:

LogModuleManager:Warning: ModuleManager: Module ‘OnlineSubsystemIOS’ not found - its StaticallyLinkedModuleInitializers function is null.
LogModuleManager:Warning: ModuleManager: Module ‘OnlineSubsystemNull’ not found - its StaticallyLinkedModuleInitializers function is null.

Is the online subsystem broken on iOS or is there some undocumented setup needed to get it to work?

Eventually fixed this by finding In App Purchase answers that detailed adding IOSEngine.ini and editing the project Build.cs file to link the OnlineSubsystem.