[CONTRACT / PAID] Game Writer
- Work with with Game Programmer to create a narrative based on existing and in-development game mechanics that will be essential to the game.
- Generate outlines, story treatments, class descriptions and world bible within an instance of Atlassian Confluence.
- Create consistent characters, strong motivations, dramatic arcs, and meaningful story content during the development process.
- Write interactive scripts to accomplish all of the above while supporting gameplay needs.
- Ability to craft compelling, immersive and interactive stories in multiple genres.
- Knowledge of dramatic structure and ability to write cinematically.
- Understanding of how to use narrative events, game design, art, animation, audio and other tools to grow and impact characters in ways that encourage player investment.
- Enthusiastic about creating distant-future set stories.
- Knowledge of games and interactivity from storytelling, character development, and user engagement perspectives.
- You must not only play video games, but understand them as a dramatic form.
- Please submit at least one polished sample demonstrating mastery of world building, narrative structure and dialog writing. Samples should be full-length, not excerpts.
- Please submit samples as PDF files with no password.
Very Useful Extras
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence
- Experience as a writer / narrative designer for games, either independently or professionally.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
This is a paid / contract offer. No rev-share. Please include your rates if applicable. Please submit applications via e-mail to kia (at) xi4.games.