Job Description – VR Developer at Ford Motor Company
Design and develop software frameworks for visualizing design data in Unreal Engine 4 and/or Unity as part of the design visualization experience. This includes developing real-time VR of data from the design & engineering community, processing the data for visual rendering; and rendering the result appropriately with both visual quality and real-time performance. .
• Preparing real-time VR design presentations for executive review
• Maintaining master files
• Designing and modeling high-detail props and assets
• Creating and/or utilizing photorealistic textures and materials
• Shading / Lighting / Texturing
• Assembling environments within Unreal 4 or Unity
• Designing photorealistic lighting within Unreal 4 or Unity
• Data preparation of CAD data for import into VR systems using applications like Maya, Catia or Alias
• Optimizing models for real-time performance and high fidelity visuals
• Developing some basic UI functionality with existing toolkits or custom coding
• Researching and developing pipeline solutions and techniques
• Interfacing with design, engineering, and manufacturing to provide visualization solutions
• Working with VR / AR equipment
• Proficiency in blueprinting and scripting in Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
• Knowledge of computer graphics and real-time data visualization
• C, C++, C Sharp programming experiences
• Ability to think creatively and to champion innovative design & development solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player with record of collaboration
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with minimum two years of work experience
• Experience with real-time visualization
• Experience with developing 3D games
• Experience with developing 3D mobile games
• Familiar with software architecture and design patterns
• Excellent networking skills
• Knowledge of vehicle design
• Experience with 3D apps like Maya
The distance between imagination and …. Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
At Ford Motor Company, the distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter. Join the Ford team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. Ford Motor Company also is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment such persons.
Contact Leon Carpenter by email - firstname.lastname@example.org