[GAME] "PROJECT QUARANTINE" FPS multiplayer

Hello everyone,

We will restart this thread for PROJECT QUARANTINE as we are heading into the next phase of development. We are now working on a new build from scratch again and all dev logs till #9 only show off the old proof of concept demo, but we will keep the here to show off the long development journey of this project.

We use custom animations & sounds for the weapon and the focus is to provide a really fun tactical shooter gameplay experience with inspiration from escape from tarkov and insurgency sandstorm.

We will try to post every weekend a new showcase video as well as by the end of each month a new development blog with more in-depth details.

Newest blog entry:

"We have a new SHOWCASE video for you with the latest development progress. This time we give you an example of weapon customization, in particular of the M4. You will have the possibility to use different grips, scopes, mags etc to make out of 100 possibilities your favourite version.

Unfortunately, we also have some bad news to share, the demo for the end of August will at least be delayed by 2 weeks to have some more time to add new features and polish things to provide a decent experience."

Latest video:

If you have more questions feel free to ask! We would love to hear your feedback!

Join our discord server for more information: PROJECT QUARANTINE

Cheers, and stay healthy guys!

5 Likes

dev log #2:

In this dev log I worked on numerous issues, especially replication and 3d person animations. The 3d person animations are the same first-person animations but blended with a 3d person animation to make it look a little bit better. Replication works almost perfect for now and I will work on optimizing the game and make the gameplay smoother as well as on the AI in the next week. Also, I have to admit all the systems that are shown here in the video are not made in one week :stuck_out_tongue: I had many of them already implemented and just modified them and updated them.

1 Like

Hello once again :slight_smile:

I’ve posted another dev log on youtube. I hope you like it and as always feedback is very welcome!

Cheers1

2 Likes

Hello guys, new dev log is out :slight_smile: I added a bunch of new weapons, reworked the recoil, adjusted weapon/hand positions, added a new prone system and more … as always any feedback would be very appreciated!

1 Like

dev log #5:

Hello guys,

It’s been a while since the last video, but for good reasons, I’ve been working really hard to implement a new inventory system for the game. As you probably can tell it is inspired by Tarkov. You are able to modify/inspect/drag&drop your items and equip your character to your needs. Looting other players as well as KI is also supported as well as damage reduction through armor, movement speed calculated by the weight of your inventory and mag management. The whole system is based on the awesome asset from Kaiddom called Jigsaw Inventory System (available on the marketplace). It has a ton of features and is rather easy to implement with your own character, also the support from him is very good.

There are still some bugs, maybe you are able to see some in the video, and I will add grenades/equipment slots and medicine stuff for the next video together with some bug fixing.

Any feedback and honest opinions are as always more than welcome!

1 Like

dev log #6:

Hello Guys,

This is now already my 6th dev log and I’m very proud of how much progress the game made over the past couple of weeks. Since the last video I put a lot of work into refining and bug fixing the inventory, there is still a long way to go but nonetheless, it is getting closer to where it should be. I added a preview for the character as well as all the weapons attachments plus the grenades I had also previously. Known bugs are the weird elbow due to the false weight painting of the upper arm from the anims, and that the preview sometimes is buggy. Also, I have for now some problems with the LOD’s for the preview which I hopefully fix pretty soon. I will work the next few days on fixing all the bugs and finalizing the demo level and some very basic single-player loop before we go on to the next big step, the multiplayer.

Any feedback and honest opinions are as always more than welcome!

1 Like

dev log #7:

Hello Guys, This is now the first gameplay of our demo build. It includes a working gun/inventory system and a small demo map where you can fight against AI and you have to finish a mission to save your loot. Please note that I am a very bad player and everything you see is not final at all! Also the game has some huge optimization steps ahead, right now performance is unfortunately not there. If you want to join us on our journey of Quarantine please join our discord server : https://discord.gg/adqvCeav . You can follow the #demo-guide channel to secure a key and download the test build via steam. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Also as always any feedback and honest opinions more than welcome!

1 Like

dev log #8

Hello Guys,

It’s been a long time since the last video, but we added a bunch of features in the last couple of weeks, which are finally ready to be shown off. First of all, we added new friends & party invite system, with an additional iteration over the main menu. We added several gadgets, like a drone, mine, barricades, and more. All these gadgets are shown off in the video and are already replicated. We also overhauled the AI, it acts now more reasonably and attacks the player by flanking him, this is done by multiple EQS queries. A more in-depth video about AI might come in the future. We also added a new sway mechanic for FP and changed the lighting and landscape material of the demo map. We are now using Virtual Textures to have a better performance as well as nicer blend effects and an overall nicer-looking environment.

1 Like

dev log #9:

Hey guys,

It’s been a long time since the last video, but I take some time to improve nearly all aspects of the game and come back now with a big update. I reworked especially the gunplay & the AI, made a new map (Blockout only for now), and added new mechanics like ladder climbing, opening doors, health injection & more. I really hope you like the new update!

2 Likes

showday #1:

This is the very first look on the complete overhaul of PROJECT QUARANTINE. We will start posting every weekend from now on small videos with a big dev log at the end of each month.
For the first showday we showoff the progress on the new FPS controller with custom animations for the M4 + custom sounds (at least for shooting).

2 Likes

showday #2:

This is now the second and updated look on our complete overhaul of PROJECT QUARANTINE. In this video we will again focus on the core fps controller.

2 Likes

showday #3:

This is the third SHOWDAY video and this time we introduce the AK to our game. We will soon record a new dev log to show you even more of the progress we have made lately!

1 Like

Really nice work so far with the gun mechanics. I’ve just posted a WIP of how mine are coming along. Definetly not as smooth as yours! :slight_smile:

I’m slowly getting to grips with the complexity of animations needed for weapons!

This is my WIP video of my FPS so far: UE4 | Round Based Survival Mode | Indie Devlog #14 - YouTube
I just subcribed to your channel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

dev log #11:

Hello guys,

Welcome back to another WIP video of PROJECT QUARANTINE. In this dev log, we showcase all weapons currently in the game, finally also showcasing the GROZA (!). We also look at the improved AI wayfinding system and Fly-By bullet effects. This is also the first look at the replication and TP animation system of the new build. Everything is more procedural and smoother than before!

1 Like

This is looking so good, I loved the weapons animations, they are very smooth. Congratulations!

1 Like

dev log #12:

We are excited to announce that, at the end of August, you will finally be able to get your hands on the first demo of the new version. It has been already an incredible journey and we have very promising times ahead of us. More information about the release when the time has come.

The 12th dev log of Project Quarantine was just released showcasing a first impression of the inventory in quarantine as well as the influence of weapon stats on the actual gameplay. Additionally, you might like to hear that the first shotgun has been added to the game, the SPAS-12.

But keep in mind, that everything is still work-in-progress, and many aspects of the game are subject to change.

1 Like

showday #11:

We have a new SHOWCASE video for you with the latest development progress. This time we give you an example of weapon customization, in particular of the M4. You will have the possibility to use different grips, scopes, mags etc to make out of 100 possibilities your favourite version.

Unfortunately, we also have some bad news to share, the demo for the end of August will at least be delayed by 2 weeks to have more time to implement new features and polish existing ones.