[GAME] Pokemon Fan Game

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I am working on a Pokemon Fan Game !

So lately, I have been looking at the new Pokemon games and all I can say is that I got pretty disappointed …
It surely doesn’t match what I would be expecting as a kid for the future of this franchise.

That is why I want to create different vision of this game drawn out of my head while although keeping the nostalgia vibe of the first Generation.

I am not gonna dive into details for now. I have a pretty precise idea of what I want to achieve that I will be exposing along the project advancement.
The main goal of this project is to make a legit trailer of the game, as if it was being commercialized.

Here is a screenshot of the game at this point, and an artwork :

I am learning Unreal from scratch, everything that you see is me playing around with the engine trying to figure things out.
I am trying to set some basic systems like AI, wind in the trees, foliage and so one…
Then I’ll jump to a wave of Asset production so I can show you guys some cool stuff :smiley:

Anyway, Ill bring some news and details when I have cool things to share, I hope you appreciate it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here is a quick video recorded on the flight with my phone, While I figure out how to record it the right way …

Here is another Artwork :

1 Like

Just so you’re aware, Nintendo will shut down any fan project that uses the Pokemon name; they are very aggressive in this regard.

Yeah I’m aware of that, so many cool projects ended that way …
That’s why I’m making a trailer of it, as a youtube video, not an actual game.
I don’t think they can say anything about that

or u could try a spin off?

make up some new stuff that’s “inspired” by pokemon?

just don’t lift any character names / numbers / lore / assets

there are a ton of collectable card games out, maybe yours will be the “next” hearthstone?

personally I suggest making it pve oriented, trying to balance a pvp game is a nightmare/nigh impossible.

God Bless you. May Jesus Christ be Charitable unto you.

Acts 10 : 33 - 48, google it, its Awesome.

Here is a little teaser for fun,

2 Likes

I’m making a Pokémon game too In UE5.

So far I have a catching system a shadow system an evolution system a collecting system a battle system a Pokémon follower system.

1 Like

Yeah, this won’t last long in the wild.

Hi, hope you are doing great with your project. I wanted to ask you if I could use the second artwork you uploaded in a YouTube video. The thing is that I’m a music composer currently making a pokemon fanmade ost, and while looking for pokemon artwork I found yours and I really liked it. If you don’t want me to use it I will understand it. Again, I hope you are doing great and sorry if this question is unrelated with the purpose of this forum. I didn’t know any other ways to contact you. I’m looking forward to your game!!

Greetings @GhostInTheCommu, Though Nintendo tends to shut down fanmade projects, I have to say I am impressed by what you’ve showcased so far in your artwork and teaser! I’m curious, are you still working on this project?

Wow! I can tell you have put some immense effort into your fanmade pokemon game so far; how long have you been working on this? :eyes:

Hello again, I wanted to tell you that I finished the song and because I saw that it has been long time since you last replied to someone, I’ve decided to upload the video on YouTube before getting your reply. I have given you the proper credit, and I have left in the video description a link to both this forum and your YouTube channel. I will put here the link to the video in case you want to check how I’m using your artwork. If despite all of this you want my video to be removed because of the use of your artwork please let me know it and I will remove it as soon as I can. I hope you are doing well.
Video link: https://

1 Like

Greetings @anonymous_user_d8a6596f! I enjoyed listening to your “Pokemon Fanmade OST - Route 72 (Gen 1 Version)” and absolutely loved the rendition! I think you’ve perfectly captured the essence of what made the in-game tunes of Pokemon so enjoyable to listen to. Thank you for sharing your incredible work here in the UE Forums! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your words!! I really appreciate it!! So glad to hear you’ve enjoyed it! :smile:

The pleasure is all mine! Thank you again for sharing. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I’m trying to find how to do a “catching system” can’t seem to find the information online?

Hey there,

I can identify with you about recent Pokemon games not meeting up to expectations.

I am developing my own Pokemon game also, for now it’s been a solo project for 5years on and off. Any help is welcome :slight_smile:

PM me if interested.

3 years, it is finally completed! Just having a pain with packaging the project, you know how ue5 is lol. Once packaged I’ll release here: smoochumstudios.com

1 Like

Congrats! :clap: :clap: :raised_hands:

It’s been three years in the making, and you finally crossed the finish line! How do you feel? Are you excited to release your creation? :grin: