An interesting horror game inspired by Isla de las Muñecas.
Short story overview The story of Pavor takes place on a fictionalized version of the Doll Island (Isla de la munecas), an island off the coast of Mexico that, as the name implies is covered with various dolls of all shapes and sizes. The game is split up into five chapters, each following different characters from different time periods as they explore this haunted place, and uncover the truth about its origins and the spirits that haunt it.
- We don’t want the game to be too open, where the player has to find the story. Plot has to be self presenting but in a way that doesn’t make it feel narrative and scripted.
- The player has to think that they are in control of what they do, so that when they suddenly have zero control of their situation, panic ensues and thus we accomplish what we set out to do: scare the player silly.
- SOMA didn’t change gameplay factors from the standard run and don’t get caught, but the art and story were so well done that it didn’t matter, as it brought it’s own level of scary to the game. Actually, the lack of gameplay made it feel like you had less control of the game, adding onto the fear as you are left helpless to the mercy of the story.
- The player assumes the role of a character for a period of time until the story kills them off in some way. Each time the player changes, so does the time period. The environment would reflect this with new growth or deteriorated structures. The Sequence of tales would be non-chronological, and clues and plot details would connect one story to another across time, all tying up in the end with the final story.
- 5 stories in total.
- A few puzzles to elongate the game / delay the player at certain points. Nothing overly complex, more like objectives with obstacles.
If you are interested, don’t be afraid join our public discord channel https://discord.gg/a24VBkS , to check screenshots, or have a chat with us!