[Game] Mine Seeker Steam Achievements and Testing

Steam achievements for Mine Seeker are now complete. I will for sure be including these in all games going forward. Along with Cloud game saves and other services Steam offers now that I am more aware of what all they have to offer. Integrating with Steam was a particularly rewarding experience. I currently have 24 achievements players can earn. I had 30 but some were either not good or didn’t fit the game well so in the end I actually removed some. Still a good number to keep people busy. So this screen shot says 9 of 30 achievements but its 24 now.

But now that the hard work is done I now will be putting together some marketing materials, not very good at this part but I do my best. I’ve also learned a few new things so I’m looking forward to applying them and see if it has an effect on my sales. I’ll be making a video, a bunch of pics and descriptions, etc. Once I have this together I’ll be uploading the game to Steam so I can more easily have people test the game. I didn’t know this until a couple days ago but its a bit of a pain to get the game running without Steam’s assistance installing dependencies. So once I get the game up on Steam, hopefully in a week or so, I’ll be reaching out to testers, bloggers, YouTubers, etc to see if anyone has an interest in testing, reviewing, or talking about my game.

I also heard of a service I’ve never heard of before, keymailer. They help put game creators in touch with streamers so I signed up to check it out and see what it involves. So if anyone has any experience with them, good or bad. I would love to hear about it. Also I will be passing out Steam keys for the first time so if anyone has any tips or suggestions on that it would be greatly appreciated.