Game Menus with Html and Css in Desktop Games? Even better alterantives for RTS menus?

Hello everyone,

i want to create a simulation/manager game where most of the time you are inside your “menu”, managing your stuff, buying, selling.
But i also want to have a 3d Simulation for the matches in each turn.
So you start managing your squad, train it, equip it etc and at the end of your turn, there will be a simulated event which should be animated.

My question is, what could be best practice if i would like to be flexible and also productive. I could imagine running this game on android or ios aswell, but it should primarely be a desktop game.
But if porting would be tons of work afterwards, i would consider developing it for android aswell, right from the start.

Also what is important to me, do i need to build the managing game within the unreal engine? If yes, how may i build it the most efficient way? It should be responsive of course.
Is running javascript, html and css within unreal engine? Is there a way to build a backend within the unreal engine well?

Or can i even program my own backend and frontend and implementing an additional simulation frame with an api?

Maybe some may understand more, what i am talking about, if i explain more about myself and about my skills.
I am a Cloud/Web App developer and can program in C#,Java, Go and php. Because i am full stack, i can also program frontend in html, css and javascript. I would also prefer using some framework like react or vue. But for my Web Apps, i have a different dev ops approach. I run my software with docker and docker-compose and i have no clue, if i could make it run within a gaming engine. Are there already solutions available?
Programming in C++ is also a hobby and i like to animate aswell. I can also sculpt and paint textures myself. So i guess i am some kind of one man army :smiley:
Thats the reason, why i would realy love to have a 3d simulation for my “manager browser like game”

I could imagine to send Data via Rest Api, using a database to share data is also an idea. But still, i don’t know if there is a http router implemented in unreal engine aswell.

Well i guess i would not need all that stuff and i realy don’t want to overengineer everything in a useless way. I am just not that satisfied with the way UE implemented GUI and Widgets. Maybe there are also better alternatives or maybe i lack in knowledge, how to use it the right way.

Every video tutorials i found so far was realy bad in quality. Only the most basic essentials, i didn’t even find one great source for high quality solutions for realy amazing looking menues. Like the ones you know in most strategic games.

This might be what you’re looking for…

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1393342-free-web-ui-html-css-js-interface