Game is lagging too much after packaging.

So I made a game and I packaged it for shipping on Windows. It’s currently just one level/map and not too many things in it. It ran really smooth and ok in the editor but after packaging it it ran at about 10-15 FPS. I know my PC isn’t the problem since I can run most games at settings. I am using Unreal Engine 4.7
Here are my specs if you really want to see them:

• intel core-i7
  • nVidia GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 760 (4GB Vram)
  • 8GB Ram
  • 1TB HDD
  • Windows 7 64-bit SP1 (I really hate 8 and 10)

Blind guess, but worth checking: See if your default variables are ok after packaging - they might reset due to THISbug, and maybe it affects performance (so e.g. something complicated is executing every 1 sec istead of 5 sec, because it has been reset from 5 to 1, etc.)

Nope, I checked, it’s not that.

Hey TheCakeNuke,

We’d be more than happy to assist you further. Would you mind uploading your project and providing a link for me through a private message on the forums? I’ll be able to package it and test it out. I also suggest that you create an AnswerHub post and provide the link to me for that as well. Please include your packaging steps so that I can create the same type of packaged product that you have.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

You give no clue what could be the cause, could be anything.
PostEffects are a common cause/ for many situations they run smoothly on Editor, but may lag in standalone if you’re updating one of parameters in a loop.

Ok, I kinda fixed the problem. I made four graphics settings on Numpad 1, 2, 3 and 4. However, I can only run the game smoothly on lower settings. I don’t think it should lag so much on higher settings. I’ll try changing settings a little bit more. However, as I mentioned, it’s playing just fine in the editor.

My laptop spec is jS2XW.png and when i play basic scene in editor at mid settings i have around 15 FPS but when i package it, same scene going up to 50. I know thats doesnt sounds great, but for a hour of casual fixing some widgets in the bed before sleep its amazing. So i have no idea why is your project lagging so hard .