Game from scratch with Blueprints. Tutorial Series. Project Sandbox

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hi! My name is Konstantin. I want to share with you my experience of developing games on UE4. I work as a tech artist in a company, this project is like a pet project to me. I am self-taught developer and have experience in various fields of game development: modeling, animating, shader development, game logic programming etc. I strongly believe that one person can make a game by himself. Together we will start developing different features and combine them in various ways to build different games. I like approach when cool stuff can be achieved in a short time with a simple implementation. In a few words You can learn how to create a single game like Vanishing of Ethan Carter or something like this. Project has dynamic weather system, interaction system, consumable system and pie menu inventory, save and load system with synchronization of world state, world map and minimap and more. Please feel free to leave your feedback, the project is growing and I hope it will help somebody.

Here is a link to the channel:

Here is a full list of episodes:

Project and Editor Setup

Game Basics

Head Bobbing Feature for First Person Camera

Day/Night Cycle

Weather System

Adding Moon

Time of Day Widget

Radial Progress Bar with Material Editor

Interaction System

Outline with Fill Color Post Process. Using Stencils

Radial or Pie Menu with Material Editor

Consumable System and Pie Menu Inventory

Character Attributes and Communication with Consumable Items

Log Widget for Actions

Death State Visual Feedback

Advanced Log Widget with Stacking Feature and Rich Text

Typewriter Feature with UMG and Point of Interest

Minimap, World Map, Markers

Niagara VFX of Fire for Interactable Fireplace

Adding Volumetric Clouds to Weather System. Dynamic Behaviour

Storable Settings and Main Menu

Save System for Narrative Game. Advanced Main Menu

Interactive Water

Pickable Interactive Objects

Cel/Toon Shader, Noir and B&W Post Processes. Using stencils for fancy staff

Story-driven Quest System for Narrative Game. Save/Restore Progression

Pixelated/Retro Post Process for early Doom-like game

Fake Cel Shading for Forward Rendering

Wall Fade Feature for Top-Down Games

Procedural Grass Material. Zelda BotW and Hob style

Smart and Simple Landscape Auto-Material. Using Landmass

Easy and Simple Stylized Shoreline with Distance Fields

Easy Water Buoyancy

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Stylized Multi-Colored Fog

Nice series!

Thank You. I really appreciate support. It’s quite hard to make something valuable when you are a foreign speaking person. I hope people will get used to me, I really try my best.

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Interactive Water

Reactive Water in UE4/UE5 - YouTube](Creating a Fluid surface with Blueprints and Render Targets | Unreal Engine Documentation)

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Not 4.26, but improvements on this topic [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ace/index.html](Creating a Fluid surface with Blueprints and Render Targets | Unreal Engine Documentation)

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Pickable Interactive Objects

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Cel/Toon Shader, Noir and B&W Post Processes. Using stencils for fancy staff

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Stylized Rendering in UE4/UE5 - YouTube

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Story-driven Quest System for Narrative Game. Save/Restore Progression

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Pixelated/Retro Post Process for early Doom-like game

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]**New episodes here: **
Fake Cel Shading for Forward Rendering

Wall Fade Feature for Top-Down Games

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Procedural Grass Material. Zelda BotW and Hob style

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]**New episode here: **Smart and Simple Landscape Auto-Material. Using Landmass

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Easy and Simple Stylized Shoreline with Distance Fields

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Easy Water Buoyancy

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Stylized Multi-Colored Fog

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: RepNotify instead of EventTick for state tracking

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Smooth Crouch for FPS

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Dynamic Mesh Painting with Render Targets

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episodes here:
For Loop/For Each Loop with Delay

Accumulated Procedural Snow. Weather System and Landscape Communication

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Quick and Easy Dynamic Stars with Niagara

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]New episode here: Quick and Easy Lightning VFX with Procedural Material and Niagara