Game engine is running way too fast. Animations, movement, timelines, everything [FPS issue / urgent]

My game is running way too fast.

I had an issue where my sequencer timing was way off, so I adjusted some settings (settings list in link) and it was all fixed.

Now, however, even in editor if i’m getting 24fps, the game is running at 4x speed. My characters idle movement looks like he’s looking around super fast, vehicles move too quickly, my trains, NPC’s, the players movement itself allows him to run at 4x speed.

I can slow it down by setting default FPS to 60fps, but then it seems like its too laggy/slow. I can deal with that part of it, however, it goes right back to throwing my sequencer off and causing that audio glitch.

What it feels like to me, is the game is doing like 4 cycles = 1 frame rather than doing one cycle = one frame. Probably not the case, but it feels that way. Timing is definitely off.

I’m really at a loss here on what settings to set to what to get it back to that standard, optimal speed. I tried replacing EngineSettings.ini and GameSettings.ini but that just broke everything entirely.

Debuting my game in 3 weeks.
Please help.

bump

it could be time dilation set to 4x, try run console command “slomo 1”
or it could be a custom time step class

I ended up fixing it.
DirectX was broken. Switched to Vulcan and now everything is working as expected.

Thanks for your assistance

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.